Confirmed: Leon Best joins on a season-long loan

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blackburn and sheff wednesday hardly play best the best type of football do they, my gut tells me he's going to be a bit of a super sub and he'll only get better as games go on. Like somebody previously said, the Swindon fans couldnt wait to get rid of fat, lazy Martin who was struggling at league one level . . . i bet they're not laughing now

Lets be fair he has probably been given a rough ride by Blackburn because he's on big bucks. When things go a bit pearshaped first thing fans turn on is the big signing. Comes here with a clean slate. Not the players fault Blackburn dished out a massive contract to him. Personally i see it as something of a no lose gamble. Proven track record and if not good enough we cut our losses. Something of a last chance saloon as he wont get a sniff at a bigger club than us again so he should have the hunger.

Pleased with this signing.

It's a win win situation. It's a season long loan, on a really good deal according to Owen Bradley. He's coming here to get his career back on track under arguably the best coaching set-up and footballing side in the league.

Give him a chance before writing him off completely.

I love it when people say it's a no lose situation. There's always a risk. True, we don't have him permanently, but whilst he's here, if it doesn't work it could:

a) cost us a load of money, or worse still

b) cost us promotion

No signing is ever risk free. I hope it works for him and us.

Poor signing IMO.

Blackburn and Wednesday fans pissing themselves on Twitter.

Difference with us & sheff wed, Blackburn though is he'll be playing in a better squad. Much stronger midfield that can create chances.

Archived