Confirmed: Leon Best joins on a season-long loan

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick point here he's on loan for a year and we are paying say half his wages or probably less.

We signed Thorne for 2-3 Million and FFP now comes into the equation as we spent our quota ?

BEST is the BEST option by miles in the circumstances as FFP will not be an issue.

PS Why would his goals cost us promotion its more likely they will fire us to promotion if he gets his head down and feeds off our brilliant build up play.

Agree with all of those points, just trying to address the point that there is no such thing as a "win, win" or "can't lose" signing just because it's a loan agreement. There's plenty of win, but also plenty of potential risk.

There is a "best signing in the circumstances" position - and Best will hopefully fit into that.

I'm not being negative about this, I'm not unhappy about the signing particularly and I hope he does really well.

Sorry. Really hope that I am proved wrong but non plussed with this signing. A journeyman who I have never really rated.

You'd have hated the idea of that bloke we were thinking of signing from Norwich a year and a bit ago then.

Martin Christopher or something.

And one question for those who somehow know he has attitude problems...

If it's as bad as you say it is, why would Sheff W want him back? Doesn't really make sense, does it?

Hanging out with Nile Ranger doesn't help, but do it with Bucko and you are more than likely on your way to be a better person.

Archived