Prride Paaaaark

Cisse

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we likely to get top class events/cyclists at the new velodrome? I really hope so. Don't want it to turn into a white elephant.

British cycling's up there with the world's best. Would be great to see the show 'come to town'

Are we likely to get top class events/cyclists at the new velodrome? I really hope so. Don't want it to turn into a white elephant.

British cycling's up there with the world's best. Would be great to see the show 'come to town'

There's already a long list of top class people/clubs who want to come. Filling it in the first instance won't be a problem, then hopefully they will want to come back.

Have only watched two matches :(  their due to living in the States and can only watch Derby at home when I go to UK on vacation or as part of a work exchange.  However, I like for the most part how it is setup from what I recall and the noise that home fans can bring to cheer on the Rams.

Nice avatar. Fun show.

I like Pride Park, as far as these identikit stadia go it's one of the better ones and it has a bit more character to it since the addition of the Bloomer bust, the old players entrance and the Clough-Taylor statue. I have no problem with it being called 'The iPro', I understand the purpose of it and if helps us in being competitive then I'm all for it. Anyway, it's just a name for a building and sponsorship deals don't last forever so it'll carry on changing, but it'll always remain in Pride Park.

As for The Baseball Ground, new stadiums just can't compare in terms of atmosphere, character and that cauldron-like experience and, like someone already said, it's as much about the memories shared there than anything else. Unfortunately in order for us to progress as a football club we needed to move out, had we stayed at the BBG then I'd hate to think where we might be now. Every other club moves on eventually, or completely re-build so in the end all that remains is the name.

I used to enjoy grounds like Goodison, Hillsborough, The Dell, The Vetch etc., but the game has moved on and all you're really doing is watching a more sterilised, modern version of football with splinters in your arse and a pillar in the way so it makes sense to move on and I'm happy with what we've got.

I used to enjoy grounds like Goodison, Hillsborough, The Dell, The Vetch etc., but the game has moved on and all you're really doing is watching a more sterilised, modern version of football with splinters in your arse and a pillar in the way so it makes sense to move on and I'm happy with what we've got.

I never went to the BBG and I think the iPro is a very good stadium. I don't know if that would be different if I had ever been to the BBG but that's another question.

But you compare it to like Hillborough and Goodison etc... I cannot stand Hillsborough. It's a ***** ground and far too archaic. I understand why people don't like new stadiums because it doesn't have the memories of the old ground, but give it time because soon enough, the iPro/Pride Park will gain great memories of it's own. Having been a ST holder for the last 6 years, I have a few of them already. 2 of my favourites were in 2014- Forest 5-0 and Brighton 4-1. Never ever felt an atmosphere like it and the football on display made me proud to be a Ram.

Long live the iPro.

I never went to the BBG and I think the iPro is a very good stadium. I don't know if that would be different if I had ever been to the BBG but that's another question.

But you compare it to like Hillborough and Goodison etc... I cannot stand Hillsborough. It's a ***** ground and far too archaic. I understand why people don't like new stadiums because it doesn't have the memories of the old ground, but give it time because soon enough, the iPro/Pride Park will gain great memories of it's own. Having been a ST holder for the last 6 years, I have a few of them already. 2 of my favourites were in 2014- Forest 5-0 and Brighton 4-1. Never ever felt an atmosphere like it and the football on display made me proud to be a Ram.

Long live the iPro.

I wouldn't want the BBG back either Tombo, but boy could a good atmosphere be generated in there, particularly with a good away support following as well. If you can over the next few seasons, I would recommend trying to get tickets to go to some similar type grounds where I have always enjoyed a visit to West Ham for example and whilst probably not so loud a full Hawthorns on its day can give you a buzz even if you are not a supporter. Perhaps next year..... Just maybe.

Bit off topic but i saw the question here. I'm sure it will get some of the Revolution Series events, these are well worth a visit if you can go, top riders from around the world, some top international juniors too. The sport makes a huge effort to educate the first time attendee too, so you know what's going on. Last time I went to one in Manchester I saw Peter Kennaugh break a world record in the points race, one of the most impressive athletic performaces I've ever seen.

I'm sure it will get some great events, I'd definitely encourage people to go and watch!

Its very modern..pride park.

Personally I like the stainless steel anti-vandal sanitary fittings with the push button spray taps.

These taps are both robust and economical

Its that attention to detail which distinguishes us as a premier league club in all but actual status.

The concealed wc cistern with the push button flush mechanism is another nice touch.

sometimes i will queue for a cubicle and then - having occupied the stall - i might just keep pressing the flush button in order to estimate the average time taken for a refill of the 6 litre capacity cistern.

It seems a little slow to me at times of peak demand.

This is something i intend to raise with the club at some point in the future.

On numerous occasions I have probably moaned about the ground and said how it will never rival The BBG.

On reflection it is nothing to do with the ground but more to do with the people that do/don't fill the ground.

The atmosphere will never be any good in the ground while there are thousands of people checking their mobile phones to see what the Premier League scores are or who has just posted a picture of their dinner on facebook.

The atmosphere for the Southampton play off game proved to me that the ground is capable of hosting an atmosphere that would rival pretty much anything that happened at The BBG.

Archived