Prride Paaaaark

Cisse

Yes I know. The name has changed but for me the stadium will remain Pride Park. I did like the name from the start. I've liked the stadium from the start. I took the stadium tour with my friend and we liked it. My dad liked the stadium too.

The location is good, near the city center. Easy to get in and get out. You can see well from any part of the stadium. The stadium is big enough for us. We have good attendance. The field is in great condition.

Yet there is a lot of moaning about the stadium. I'd like to know why ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nostalgia is the main reason people don't like it. It isn't the Baseball ground.

The atmosphere can be good for certain games, But it will never match that of the old BBG.

But i think we had lost a lot of the atmosphere as soon as they made grounds become all seater and the BBG was beyond tired.

The facilities were crap, Having to walk through puddles of p!ss when you walked into the toilets wasn't the best part of the matchday experience.

We needed to either completely rip the BBG down and rebuild, Or build a new ground. I think they took the right decision and build a decent ground with decent facilities, Which is what we needed to attract the modern football fan.

I'm happy that i've got my memories of the old place, But also happy that we are not in a rusting **** tip like the treetards.

Never particularly liked Pride Park - couldn't really care less about the iPro either.

I can appreciate them not wanting to call the new ground the Baseball Ground, or The New Baseball Ground, but it's always going to compete with that famous old ground, and we have so much history and glory associated with the BBG that the new ground's got a hell of a lot to live up to.

Me and my brothers all have STs and we all immediately went "nah we'll never call it iPro. It'll always be Pride Park". We were on the lookout to see who the first to call it iPro would be.

Havent got a clue who called it that first, but we all call it the iPro now... No idea what happened.

Yes I know. The name has changed but for me the stadium will remain Pride Park. I did like the name from the start. I've liked the stadium from the start. I took the stadium tour with my friend and we liked it. My dad liked the stadium too.

The location is good, near the city center. Easy to get in and get out. You can see well from any part of the stadium. The stadium is big enough for us. We have good attendance. The field is in great condition.

Yet there is a lot of moaning about the stadium. I'd like to know why ?

did you ever visit the baseball ground? To me that was the home of Derby County. When we moved to pride park i could see the flood lights at the bbg from the west stand and i use to think i wish we were still there.

did you ever visit the baseball ground? To me that was the home of Derby County. When we moved to pride park i could see the flood lights at the bbg from the west stand and i use to think i wish we were still there.

No. never got the chance.

Have only watched two matches :(  their due to living in the States and can only watch Derby at home when I go to UK on vacation or as part of a work exchange.  However, I like for the most part how it is setup from what I recall and the noise that home fans can bring to cheer on the Rams.

The Baseball Ground is pretty much forgotten now.

It any case it wasn't the ground itself that was good.

It was the memories and the associations with the great games and the great players.

PP is fondly remembered for wanchope, stimac, eranio and baiano.

But we need more good days.

More good memories.

I still find the facilities very very basic.

I really like the iPro, love going there, only pain is getting off Pride Park after. 

The BBG was a terrible ground but great in many ways. 

In some ways I feel lucky - BBG with its popside standing and carnage everyone trying to get out through one door after the game was when I was young, so I loved it.

Now I'm getting on a bit and can't be bothered with any of that, the iPro suits me much better! 

People's main grip is the atmosphere, but the atmosphere at the BBG was lousy plenty of times, just as the atmosphere at the iPro has been buzzing plenty of times. 

All depends on what happens on the pitch, that drives it all.

Archived