Andre Wisdom perfomances

t'oldu

Rynny was right, I hadn't seen the goal - my view was from behind the goal and I saw Wisdom stood on the right,

Keogh in the centre and Novak was middle right so naturally assumed Keogh had been ball watching and not noticed Novak peel off behind him. 

I apologise if true, but still - when the centre forward scores a goal like that you have to ask questions,  if it was more to do with Wisdom then fair enough, still haven't seen the goal mind  :lol:

Totally Wisdoms fault he sat in with his hand up claiming offside and played the goalscorer onside. Still looked good though but should learn from that basic mistake

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans are incredibly overly critical.

Wisdom was not a fault for the goal.

Novak timed his run well but with zigic a mile behind our back line of course the defenders stopped and put their arms up.

thats why he is affecting the play whether or not the ball goes to him.

Its not their fault that the offside rule has become a friggin joke.

Look at the video.....they are all looking at the linesman.

Again, his very presence is affecting the play.

As for forsyth i thought he did ok...as well as most.

Remember he only cost £150k.

What do you expect for £150k??

Luke shaw?

People were critical of nigel dismissing players, but the fans are worse.

As for will hughes.

Whether he played a blinder, or had a quiet game, he still produced enough to unlock their defence a couple of times.

I love watching him play.

For me he is the reason i will shell out so much to watch us.

Enjoy him while we've got him......and lets keep him as long as possible.

I saw tom huddlestone, lewin nyatanga, giles barnes, paul williams, Steve powell etc etc at 17.

And at 17/18 he is better than any of them.

Anyway.....thats my view.

So there.

Wisdom was at fault for the goal he sat in claiming offside but left the goalscorer in onside. Should have stepped up to play goalscorer offside. Basic error but did ok on his debut

Totally Wisdoms fault he sat in with his hand up claiming offside and played the goalscorer onside. Still looked good though but should learn from that basic mistake

If a Derby player had scored that goal we would be raving about a perfectly timed run and a wonderful strike. What we would not have been doing is rubbishing the opposition full back or centre back over it.

Why i have have sympathy with the defenders is that they step up before the ball is played, leaving zigic - or anyone else for that matter - potentially offside........ but how are they supposed to predict where the forward pass will go?

If it goes to zigic, he's offside, and they get applauded for pushing up.

If it doesn't go directly to zigic - suddenly its reckoned that he is not interfering, and is onside and free to score if the ball subsequently comes back to him. Then they are castigated for exactly the same move for which they might otherwise have been applauded.

Its ****** .

He is affecting the play.

In the old days that was offside.

They might as well scrap offside now.......grrr.

The law is an ass, but as a result you have to hold a line then follow runners. Novak was his man and Wisdom was two yards goalside of him when the ball was played. Grant couldn't have come for it  because he wouldn't know that Zigic was offside and Novak could have taken a header earlier in the flight of the cross if Grant had had come for it.

If it doesn't go directly to zigic - suddenly its reckoned that he is not interfering, and is onside and free to score if the ball subsequently comes back to him. 

Not sure about the second half of that,RamNut. As I understand it,if Novac had passed to Zigic,or if he'd shot,hit the woodwork and the ball had come back to Zigic (ditto if Grant had parried the shot out to Zigic),he'd have been pulled up for offside if he'd attempted to play the ball (second phase).In other words he would have been deemed to be interfering if he subsequently interfered.

Whatever anyone thinks about the law,it is the law and players should be aware of it.They should also know to play to the whistle. 

The one problem people have with our full backs is that they haven't been good enough going forward, yet people want to put a CB at RB? That's like when Clough would put Bryson at LM in a 4-4-2 so he could keep that nice solid formation but keep his favourites in the team.

Going from suggestion on this forum we could line up with

Whitbread-Buxton-Keogh-Wisdom

I despise CB's at full back, much rather have an out of form Adam Smith than Wisdom (and did someone REALLY say Keogh at RB) at RB. Same goes for Forsyth at LB.

Forsyth-Keogh-Wisdom-Smith

And none of this LCB/RCB ********, it makes little to no difference.

Naive. 

Buxton struggled in the Ipswich game at RCB because he just couldn't get his body shape right when in possession. 

• 2 weeks later...

I criticised him after Birmingham, but fair play he was very good yesterday. Strong, composed and neat on the ball. Still say he's probably more a centre half though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived