Andre Wisdom perfomances

t'oldu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was impressed with Wisdom today, thought he was solid defensively and while he didn't storm forward he offered support and was happy to receive the ball and use it sensibly.

However having just seen the highlights briefly on the fl show, I thought he might have played their player onside for the goal. Can anyone who saw it more clearly describe what hhappened for the Birmingham goal?

I thought he was ponderous in possession, and completely at fault for the goal. Last man, 4 yards too deep, played their lad on and stood there with his hand up. He might make a centre half, but he's never a full back in a million years. Good athlete by the look of him though.

I thought he was ponderous in possession, and completely at fault for the goal. Last man, 4 yards too deep, played their lad on and stood there with his hand up. He might make a centre half, but he's never a full back in a million years. Good athlete by the look of him though.

So many have alluded to the same about Wisdom.

I suggested this yesterday when I saw the starting 11. Why play a player who has a reputation as a great centre half but weak in full back as a full back when we have a perfectly suitable right back (2 actually) on the bench. 

I was then told I was talking nonsense. Maybe not such nonsense after all.

Square pegs and all that. 

Did you go?

Arsenal supposedly spat their dummy after Gilles Sunu went back following a loan spell here.

Not one to say 'I've heard' but.....I've heard that one too. Sunu was very derogatory about training and Wenger vowed to put a stop on loans to us, allegedly, only what I heard!

Did you go?

Obviously.

I take it you disagree. Goal was his fault. Didn't overlap well, lack of positioning sometimes bailed out by his athleticism. Didn't join in fluently with the ball.

Not as good as Freeman or Smith. Brayford is still the benchmark and none of them are in the same class in that position.

I reckon SMc wanted extra height and physicality at the back to cope with their obvious aerial threat. Fair enough, but we were horribly disjointed going forward and I think the Ward/Wisdom flank was one of the main reasons. Wardy did well in possession, but he wants that left flank and he had only sporadic support from FB.

Never a full back? He was brilliant yesterday. I'd like to see him at centre half tho.

Forgetting everything else, the goal was his fault. If we had four defenders that brilliant, we'd need to score 5 to win.

Not one to say 'I've heard' but.....I've heard that one too. Sunu was very derogatory about training and Wenger vowed to put a stop on loans to us, allegedly, only what I heard!

Who did you hear it from? Sunu? Wenger? or bloke in a pub?

Obviously.I take it you disagree. Goal was his fault. Didn't overlap well, lack of positioning sometimes bailed out by his athleticism. Didn't join in fluently with the ball.Not as good as Freeman or Smith. Brayford is still the benchmark and none of them are in the same class in that position.I reckon SMc wanted extra height and physicality at the back to cope with their obvious aerial threat. Fair enough, but we were horribly disjointed going forward and I think the Ward/Wisdom flank was one of the main reasons. Wardy did well in possession, but he wants that left flank and he had only sporadic support from FB.

Sometimes people pass judgement when it is clear they weren't there.

If you were then....fine......but most people seem to think he played well.

Ward was on the right because russell is injured. If russell was fit then ward would be on the left.

To suggest that freeman is better than wisdom is stretching credibility to breaking point.

Freeman is reserve fodder. Nowhere near good enough at the moment.

All about opinions RamNut.

I'm not writing him off on one game, and I think he'll do better at centre-half. Goal was his fault though, and that matters more than anything else. Keep goals out, and you're a good defender. Let them in, and you ain't.

Archived