Andre Wisdom perfomances

t'oldu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't play like Carlos Alberto, so he's **** seems to be the tone of some of the stuff here.

Speaking as someone who wasn't at the game, hasn't seen the highlights and has only seen him play for Liverpool, I'm prepared to give the lad a chance rather than blame him or any other player for the team not winning.

Someone connected with both clubs, can't say much more of course ;)

I wonder how Gilles Sunu is doing now? For such a young lad to have the awareness to realise that our coaching was crap, he must have a very good knowledge of the game.

With that in mid, he must have broken into the Arsenal team by now, or if not at least he must have since gone out on loan to a top championship side with proper coaches and is knocking them in week in week out?

I'm asking cos I can't find out too much about what he's doing, maybe Nigel broke him?

Well I am really likely to come on here and name the connection <forehead palm> looking at my track record I have barely posted on here over a long period of time, and have never claimed to be in the know about anything, but when I was reading up last night and saw something I have also been made aware of I thought I would comment.

Obviously.

I take it you disagree. Goal was his fault. Didn't overlap well, lack of positioning sometimes bailed out by his athleticism. Didn't join in fluently with the ball.

Not as good as Freeman or Smith. Brayford is still the benchmark and none of them are in the same class in that position.

I reckon SMc wanted extra height and physicality at the back to cope with their obvious aerial threat. Fair enough, but we were horribly disjointed going forward and I think the Ward/Wisdom flank was one of the main reasons. Wardy did well in possession, but he wants that left flank and he had only sporadic support from FB.

That is RamNut's thing, asking people if they went if they disagree with him. 

The player pealed off Keogh, who stood there like an absolute lemon.

I like Wisdom, him and bucko at centre back next game, please...  :mellow:

How on Earth can you blame Keogh for the goal?! Entirely Wisdom's fault every time I see it. I see no peeling off, I see Keogh stepping up and Wisdom "standing there like an absolute lemon" whilst playing him onside.

Honestly, this forum f***s me off sometimes. First, we had this irrational hate of Buxton and now it seems like it's shifted to Keogh. By all means, slate him when he does something wrong but don't try and attribute a mistake to him from someone else entirely.

Giles Sunu plays for Lorient, a bottom half of the table side in the top division in France.

Yeh, played 33 games in 2&1/4 seasons mainly from the bench.  

The rumours and gossip that flow through football are amazing and less than 10% of it is true, even when it comes from 'connections'

He doesn't play like Carlos Alberto, so he's **** seems to be the tone of some of the stuff here.

Speaking as someone who wasn't at the game, hasn't seen the highlights and has only seen him play for Liverpool, I'm prepared to give the lad a chance rather than blame him or any other player for the team not winning.

I thought he was one of our best players. I couldnt blame him more than any other defender for the goal.

Looked comfortable on the ball not easily beaten on the ball, and never gave it away. Not sure if RB is his best position , as he didnt bomb down the flanks like Brayford. Maybe a better option as CB (sweeper) or even DM.

Obviously.

I take it you disagree. Goal was his fault. Didn't overlap well, lack of positioning sometimes bailed out by his athleticism. Didn't join in fluently with the ball.

Not as good as Freeman or Smith. Brayford is still the benchmark and none of them are in the same class in that position.

I reckon SMc wanted extra height and physicality at the back to cope with their obvious aerial threat. Fair enough, but we were horribly disjointed going forward and I think the Ward/Wisdom flank was one of the main reasons. Wardy did well in possession, but he wants that left flank and he had only sporadic support from FB.

I agree with you other than the Freeman and Smith part, he is better than both of those 2 but i my opinion neither of them are up to standard. He didn't look comfortable, probably more a centre-half but would he relish the physical challenge of this league, like Buxton does. Big risk to play him at centre-half in our league.

How on Earth can you blame Keogh for the goal?! Entirely Wisdom's fault every time I see it. I see no peeling off, I see Keogh stepping up and Wisdom "standing there like an absolute lemon" whilst playing him onside.

Honestly, this forum f***s me off sometimes. First, we had this irrational hate of Buxton and now it seems like it's shifted to Keogh. By all means, slate him when he does something wrong but don't try and attribute a mistake to him from someone else entirely.

Have you been at a game and seen a goal that you was certain was offaide, then when you saw the replay on tv and realised that it wasn't? Or a red card that you thought was harsh but when you saw the reply was a definite red? Or you thought a defender was to blame for a goal but when you see the replay it was someone else's fault? Is it not possible to get something wrong at a match? When Ambitious posted his comment I doubt he had seen a replay and posted it on what he thought from the game, no witch hunt, just his observation. And there have been more than Keogh blamed for the goal, Grant, Wisdom, Forsyth and I am sure I saw someone mention Gary Teale. :lol: Which would suggest that it was more than one player to blame and the whole defence not playing to the whistle.

Have you been at a game and seen a goal that you was certain was offaide, then when you saw the replay on tv and realised that it wasn't? Or a red card that you thought was harsh but when you saw the reply was a definite red? Or you thought a defender was to blame for a goal but when you see the replay it was someone else's fault? Is it not possible to get something wrong at a match? When Ambitious posted his comment I doubt he had seen a replay and posted it on what he thought from the game, no witch hunt, just his observation. And there have been more than Keogh blamed for the goal, Grant, Wisdom, Forsyth and I am sure I saw someone mention Gary Teale. :lol: Which would suggest that it was more than one player to blame and the whole defence not playing to the whistle.

Fair point, I guess, although his post was quite a while after the game. I just assumed he might have seen the highlights or whatever. He certainly presented it as fact.

Fans are incredibly overly critical.

Wisdom was not a fault for the goal.

Novak timed his run well but with zigic a mile behind our back line of course the defenders stopped and put their arms up.

thats why he is affecting the play whether or not the ball goes to him.

Its not their fault that the offside rule has become a friggin joke.

Look at the video.....they are all looking at the linesman.

Again, his very presence is affecting the play.

As for forsyth i thought he did ok...as well as most.

Remember he only cost £150k.

What do you expect for £150k??

Luke shaw?

People were critical of nigel dismissing players, but the fans are worse.

As for will hughes.

Whether he played a blinder, or had a quiet game, he still produced enough to unlock their defence a couple of times.

I love watching him play.

For me he is the reason i will shell out so much to watch us.

Enjoy him while we've got him......and lets keep him as long as possible.

I saw tom huddlestone, lewin nyatanga, giles barnes, paul williams, steve powell etc etc at 17.

And at 17/18 he is better than any of them.

Anyway.....thats my view.

So there.

Fair point, I guess, although his post was quite a while after the game. I just assumed he might have seen the highlights or whatever. He certainly presented it as fact.

it was less than 2 hours after the game so was probably still at the pub :lol:

Fans are incredibly overly critical.

Wisdom was not a fault for the goal.

Novak timed his run well but with zigic a mile behind our back line of course the defenders stopped and put their arms up.

thats why he is affecting the play whether or not the ball goes to him.

Its not their fault that the offside rule has become a friggin joke.

Look at the video.....they are all looking at the linesman.

Again, his very presence is affecting the play.

As for forsyth i thought he did ok...as well as most.

Remember he only cost £150k.

What do you expect for £150k??

Luke shaw?

People were critical of nigel dismissing players, but the fans are worse.

As for will hughes.

Whether he played a blinder, or had a quiet game, he still produced enough to unlock their defence a couple of times.

I love watching him play.

For me he is the reason i will shell out so much to watch us.

Enjoy him while we've got him......and lets keep him as long as possible.

I saw tom huddlestone, lewin nyatanga, giles barnes, paul williams, Steve powell etc etc at 17.

And at 17/18 he is better than any of them.

Anyway.....thats my view.

So there.

Just watched the extended highlights today and realised that I was completely wrong on their goal, as you've said.

I actually took a couple of screenshots which illustrate that just before their player hoofed it up in the air Keogh was the deepest defender but in fact just about manages to get up and level with the other defenders. Unfortunately as you pointed out Novak timed his run really well and the fat lazy **** Zigic distracted our defenders by being a mile behind them but wasn't deemed as "interfering". 

If I could work out how to put my screenshots up here I would. Sadly I'm too stupid.

I thought we were unlucky on the whole, on another day the linesman might've flagged their goal offside (incorrectly by the stupid laws of the game) or one of Ward, Bryson or Sammon's chances might've gone in. 

Bring on 'arry and his mercenaries I say, can't wait  :) 

Oh. For some reason, I thought I saw 2am! Don't know why :lol:

Rynny was right, I hadn't seen the goal - my view was from behind the goal and I saw Wisdom stood on the right,

Keogh in the centre and Novak was middle right so naturally assumed Keogh had been ball watching and not noticed Novak peel off behind him. 

I apologise if true, but still - when the centre forward scores a goal like that you have to ask questions,  if it was more to do with Wisdom then fair enough, still haven't seen the goal mind  :lol:

Archived