Discussion of Patrick Bamford during his 2014 loan spell

Duracell

If we don't sign him I can guarantee the following will be said next season:

"The game was a stalemate. We really needed someone like Bamford to come on and nick something from nothing."

Pretty much sums why I hope we can loan him again.

He offers his own, different style to our attacking play.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabregas deal, in my opinion, all but ruins any hopes or dreams he had of first-team appearances next season.

If Costa, and whoever else, get injured. Then, I'd back Mourinho to play Fabregas in his secondary false nine position over Bamford up top.

Back in the game? or still bound for a Premier League loan move, you reckon?

Fabregas deal, in my opinion, all but ruins any hopes or dreams he had of first-team appearances next season.

If Costa, and whoever else, get injured. Then, I'd back Mourinho to play Fabregas in his secondary false nine position over Bamford up top.

He'll go on loan to a Championship side who fancies promotion (like Brighton/Wigan/Reading) that will offer him a role as the #9.

He'll score a 90th min equaliser/winner against us.

Little ****

What's quite amusing about Bamford is that most of us don't really rate him that highly (barely any calls for him to be a starter or even play his natural position) yet we'd nearly all have him back.

Basically we want him to be our super sub.

I don't think that's what he's looking for. I think that's all we can offer though.

Be surprised if he comes back. He clearly thinks a lot of himself (a touch too much imo) and has eyes for glory

If Chelsea are loaning him to a Championship team again, then he's got to come back here. It would be really foolish to let him go to a promotion rival.

He's 20 years old. He's got a bit of arrogance and cockiness about him but he's nice with it. He seems to be a decent lad even though he's clearly had it a little bit easier than some kids do. He looks to have fit in well with our squad, at least there have been no loud rumblings that he's a lazy little sod.

As a young footballer. He's got 26 goals in league one and the championship, in less than 50 starts. That's an incredbile goal scoring record for his age and I bet there aren't many 20 year olds playing in England at any level with a better goals per game ratio.

When you've got a knack for scoring goals, like he has. I think he's always someone worth having around.

He's only going to get better.

I dont think the balls in our court though,

he is never going to be a starter for us next season, so why come here, whats his loyalty to derby!

Owned by chelsea

From forest and family of red dogs,

His only focus is getting to the chelsea first team, (which is fair enough) we are not his next stepping stone, well at least I dont think so

I dont think the balls in our court though,

he is never going to be a starter for us next season, so why come here, whats his loyalty to derby!

Owned by chelsea

From forest and family of red dogs,

His only focus is getting to the chelsea first team, (which is fair enough) we are not his next stepping stone, well at least I dont think so

Plus I'd rather get a permanent signing if we can afford one thanks... 

...or clone Russell... Can we do that please?

I think there's zero chance of Bamford getting a game up front for Chelsea while Mourinho is there.  Mourinho tends to prefer big, strong, mobile strikers that can stretch teams, or hold the ball and bring others into play.  Bamford does none of that.  At best he's competing with the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Salah, Shurrle etc for one of the inside forward positions.  And Chelsea have masses of squad depth in those positions.

It's unlikely that he'd get a starting selection in our side next season, let alone Chelsea's......

I'm not that bothered whether we bring Bamford back on loan next year or not. If we did, fine, he certainly chipped in with some well-taken goals, but ultimately, I think we could find someone who probably contributed a bit more towards the side, other than goals, and likely on a permanent basis.

You high?

Will Hughes ineffective?

Didn't say he was ineffective, wouldn't get in ahead of Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne (if we get him). Shouldn't have started play off final.

Actually thinking about it, yeah he was pretty ineffective most of last season.

Archived