Discussion of Patrick Bamford during his 2014 loan spell

Duracell

Interesting about the Mac talking about Bamford "being the type of player and profile of player we want to bring to Derby County".

Reading between the lines, I think he wants to sign these sorts of players permanently wherever the lending club is willing to let them go, like Dawkins.

In fact, that's not even reading between the lines, it's pretty much what he's literally saying.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen the lad play, but from the write up on RamSpace...

http://ramspaceuk.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/new-boys-patrick-bamford/#more-2025

...sounds like he's cover for Martin - or is he competition fort Martin? Or will he and Chrissy split the shirt a bit so on any given matchday we've got a fresh centre forward? Depends how good he is I guess, but I'll be excited to see him play.

• 1 month later...

So, last 20 minutes (ish), we force QPR back to the big haired full back **** from midfield. Bamford lopes back to close him down.

Meanwhile Bryson, giving Bamford a 5 yard start, goes tearing past Bamford to close down the full back properly with aggression and desire.

Now I love what Bamford brings to the club. Skill, finesse, GOALS. Marvellous. But of he can't put a proper shift in - the bare minimum in my opinion - then  he'll never fulfill his potential, and it gives me the bang hump to see laziness in a highly paid pro.

Opinions?

So, last 20 minutes (ish), we force QPR back to the big haired full back **** from midfield. Bamford lopes back to close him down.

Meanwhile Bryson, giving Bamford a 5 yard start, goes tearing past Bamford to close down the full back properly with aggression and desire.

Now I love what Bamford brings to the club. Skill, finesse, GOALS. Marvellous. But of he can't put a proper shift in - the bare minimum in my opinion - then he'll never fulfill his potential, and it gives me the bang hump to see laziness in a highly paid pro.

Opinions?

Hes so rubbish! I really hope chelsea let us keep him

In his defence, he'll never play a quality left back like he did last night. Best player on the pitch in terms of quality Assou-Ekotto. Can't believe he's not playing Premier League football.

Yes, after that chance Bamford had he was given shoulder to shoulder challenge from the Assou Ekotto and that was that.

(He seemed totally at a loss as to what to do defensively...)

BUT - the guy can play - and his left foot is lethal.

He comes alive around the box. Beyond that he looks leggy and unwilling to work hard.

However, natural goal scorers like him are avrare commodity, which is why he's got as far as he has.

Think he's going to have to work very hard to get tobthe next level.

Great potential, nice lad, think McClaren and Simmo will be great for his career.

Archived