Discussion of Patrick Bamford during his 2014 loan spell

Duracell

I have absolutely no problems with him aiming high. He's young, and whilst he is at Chelsea he always has a chance.

From watching him, he has a spark but ultimately, I don't feel he is ready for day-to-day life in the Premier League just yet. As a squad player, absolutely. But in terms of someone like Zaha, he is streets behind. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and what could they offer him that dcfc couldnt, I would imagine his loyalty was to doherty not forest. 

would be a stupid move to everyone,

Bang on agree with you and I hope your right mate! You know what the dogs are like though...already putting in him their XI for next season!

Our team is much better without him. Russell is just as likely to score and works ten times harder, cares ten times as much and is twice as quick

Thanks for your contribution Patrick, goodbye and good luck.

This this this ^^^

I've always felt from when Bamford has played that he can produce that pass or that goal, he is a different option to Russell. Unfair to be truly critical when the young lad has played out of position.

Agreed, he's one of those that can produce out of nothing when things aren't quite working for you.  I just think that's not where we are and not what we need right now.  We're on top of our game.

And I'm not trying to be that critical of him, I just think that his general play is pretty poor that overall as a team we're better with Russell/Ward and maybe even Dawkins.

It is great having these options though!  If things don't go to plan tomorrow knowing we can bring him on means we could still turn a bad situation round.

You know better do you Eddie? I doubt it but are of course entitled to your opinion

Why do you think Bamford makes a better contribution to the overall team effort than Russell?

Think what Eddie is referring to (quote me if I'm wrong) is that not everyone needs to run round working hard all day long to be deserving of a place in the team.

Bamford gives us that spark of doing something out of nothing. And that little bit of quality. Russell is a great player but I think if Bamford was Russell's age he would be the better player. Just my opinion of course! :)

Think what Eddie is referring to (quote me if I'm wrong) is that not everyone needs to run round working hard all day long to be deserving of a place in the team.

Bamford gives us that spark of doing something out of nothing. And that little bit of quality. Russell is a great player but I think if Bamford was Russell's age he would be the better player. Just my opinion of course! :)

Agree with you 100% - he's a great card to play if you are losing and need a goal with 20 minutes to go. You really believe that he will conjure something out of nothing.

Still wouldn't be in my starting line up though.

This is exactly what we need in the squad, options. It's great that Bamford is different to Russell, that Hughes is different to Bryson & Hendrick. When things are tight Steve can introduce something different. It's a squad game.

Sense prevails!

My oft-repeated line about Bamford is that he offers us very little, but what little he does offer us can the difference between a loss and a win.

It's a tricky one. Personally, I wouldn't lose any sleep if he wasn't around next season, regardless of which league we're in.

I think of bamford, and think of sheff weds. Did nothing all game, couldn't believe he wasn't taken off, then hits that shot, wins the game from nothing.

He offers something completely different to the rest of our squad, works hard enough for me, and seems to be working harder recently too.

Another loan here would be no bad thing.

Archived