Discussion of Patrick Bamford during his 2014 loan spell

Duracell

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a few fans say Bamford should have come on earlier. However, Ward looked the most likely to create something before he went off. I think Bamford was probably being saved for extra-time when he would have had 30 minutes to prove himself.

I heard a few fans say Bamford should have come on earlier. However, Ward looked the most likely to create something before he went off. I think Bamford was probably being saved for extra-time when he would have had 30 minutes to prove himself.

Agreed, Steve was saving Bamford for extra time...shame it never got there!

Any one else think that the players meeting might be now? Like Steve's already spoke to Liverpool and Chelsea?

Personally I think there is a blinkered view of Bamford's contribution during his time with us. Maybe this will help and is based on the time that Bamford joined us (06/01/14).

Martin: starts 22 played1895 mins scored 6 goals from open play, 2 pens, 1 free kick.

Ward: starts 13 played 1057 mins scored 0 goals

Russell: starts 14 played 1163 mins scored 4 goals from open play

Dawkins: starts 8 played 669 mins scored 1 goal

Bamford: starts 14 played 1271 mins scored 8 goals from open play.

You can do the maths to see the comparison between goals scored per minutes played.

Do you still think Bamford should be selected behind other choices?

Was Bamford ever played in his correct position?

Not a fan of Bamford!

Me neither, he's a good finisher, granted but his overall play on the ball is well below par. Not too fussed if we don't sign him.

However, he is playing out of position most of the time so depending on the price he might be worth going in for as an alternative option upfront. I wouldn't pay over 1 mil for him though.

Personally I think there is a blinkered view of Bamford's contribution during his time with us. Maybe this will help and is based on the time that Bamford joined us (06/01/14).

Martin: starts 22 played1895 mins scored 6 goals from open play, 2 pens, 1 free kick.

You can do the maths to see the comparison between goals scored per minutes played.

You're a Chelsea fan and I claim my £5

By all means talented and scored goals, but he isn't a good all round player (yet). Blinkered or not.

I'd have him back though.  :lol:

Me neither, he's a good finisher, granted but his overall play on the ball is well below par. Not too fussed if we don't sign him.

However, he is playing out of position most of the time so depending on the price he might be worth going in for as an alternative option upfront. I wouldn't pay over 1 mil for him though.

I 100% he is a great finisher but thats about it. We should try and find a new striker I think. But I can't see him playing for Chelsea so who knows!

I'm amazed people don't want him back, the lad can score goals, that's the hard bit when playing football. We are going to get a lot of teams Parking the bus next year and defending deep as dare I say it QPR did. Let's be honest if he had his record with us, ran around like salmon and linked the play up like Martin he would be walking into a prem side

Problem with Bamford is he's not a target man and he's not a wide striker.

He is played out of position here, and we're not going to change to a 4-4-2 just to fit Bamford because that's not the correct thing to do - plus he's not good enough to change a whole system over.

I don't think he ever seemed that happy here, probably because he was forever played out of position

I'd have you back tomorrow, Patrick.

Would have him back in a heartbeat.... Scores goals, doesn't work hard to achieve this.

You don't need to be hustle and bustle and chase down defenders to be good.

Strikers that score goals are more important than workrate.

He's also a kid and still learning. Where better to be in order to improve than under the wing of one of the game's finest coaches?

I wish Ben Pringle was still here

Archived