Official "Cry and bitch about Keogh" thread.

Tombo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Average champ CB, works hard but his occasional headloss makes him abit of a liability imo.

If we were going to strengthen CB, which I doubt we will, he'd be the one we'd drop.

I agree, maybe a young loan signing from a Prem club to offer competition. Kenneth Omeruo from Chelsea would be perfect but I imagine Middlesbrough will want him back.

He's an above average championship defender (7/10) and certainly not a weak link in the team. Some of the criticism is very unfair. 

Win and lose as a team so I'm not going to single a player out for specific mistakes.

Cost us the play offs

If the strikers and midfield could have scored a couple of goals, his slip up wouldn't have mattered.

And as others have said, he was not alone in making mistakes. I think that the players were looking to get it back up the other end quickly to avoid extra time. If we hadn't played with that attacking mentality through the season, we wouldn't have been in the playoff final, so we can hardly complain about it coming unstuck: it was unfortunate, but we move on.

Cost us the play offs

No more than Bucko and Fozzy did in that fateful passage of play. Why the he'll did you have to go and mention the playoff final, I'd almost forgotten about it!

The dilemma we have is that for the way we want our defenders to play the ball out, our central defenders in particular have to take additional risks so occasionally they will get caught out. You could replace Keogh with a more robust, boot-it-upfield type of player but all that would happen then is that you would bypass Thorne and Hughes and in all probability the ball will come back into our half with interest! To bring in a ball-playing central alternative who defensively is better than Keogh would cost big bucks. If we only still had Shackell

Maybe the attackers who didn't score against 10 men when they had about 30 bloody minutes and basically 100% possession are equally to blame?

Keogh was directly responsible. You can't blame the strikers for giving the ball away and conceding a stupid goal. If it had went to extra time QPR would have been very tired. We were close to beating them.

My point is that, for conceding a goal, Keogh was responsible. It doesn't make sense to blame Chris Martin for the goal,

He was responsible for not putting his foot through the ball and kicking it away in the direction he was facing .

Mistakes occurred before that though and it should have been put into row Z.

McClaren said maybe we weren't quite ready .

It's gone now so I'm hoping for a good season coming up but it still will be tough for us again I'm sure.

Keogh is his own worst critic. Buxton for me is side by side leading the team. I would give the captaincy to Buxton and releave Keogh of some pressure.

Why would you give Buxton the captaincy?

For purposes of thread, I'd take it off Keogh, but not to give to Buxton.

Archived