Official "Cry and bitch about Keogh" thread.

Tombo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name a better CB partnership in the Championship.

and I mean overall. Games, Goals conceded, Yellows/Reds.

None based on last season. But we should keep on improving by making further additions to the squad, replacing players with better players etc.

Good post. I agree with most of it. Russell played on the wing for most of last season however. But yeah he can play as a striker. I don't want to be thought of as being too pessimistic. Far from it. I've already said we have the best midfield in the league. Yes we have a 25 goal a season striker but I low and behold if Martin ever got injured we would have a striker crisis. Strength in depth is an important luxury to have. You can rely on the loan market to pad out injuries but we were very lucky with injuries last season, and we used the loan market to better the squad rather than to pad it out because of injuries. Injuries are one of the unforeseen circumstances in football.

I do think we have a good chance of tying up some decent loans from the Premier this season.

Only thing with any loans I would prefer if they are not centre half.... Much prefer the attacking ones.

Mind you Wisdom did ok

None based on last season. But we should keep on improving by making further additions to the squad, replacing players with better players etc.

So who would you buy to replace? A League One defender who played every games last season? A defender (Caulker example) who's going to cost you 8/10 million or a youth player from Man Utd (example) because you've just said there is no better in this league than Bucko and Keogh.

So who would you buy to replace? A League One defender who played every games last season? A defender (Caulker example) who's going to cost you 8/10 million or a youth player from Man Utd (example) because you've just said there is no better in this league than Bucko and Keogh.

I would get in a young CB from the Premier league on loan.

and you'd leave Keogh on the bench?

Poppycock.

No, a CB who could challenge our two established centre backs for a place. We are going to play 4-3-3 next season so one of Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes or Thorne will be on the bench, is that Poppycock too? Should be play with 4 CM's at once because they are all great? If we have genuine competition in midfield then why not in other departments. Can't you see the flawed logic of your argument?

Used to get really annoyed with Keogh. He won poty in his first year(?) and I thought that's a robbery.

The guy was ok so long as he had everything in front of him. The minute he had to show any sort of awareness of what's around him he lost the plot.

He used to get credit for losing his man and then making a last ditch tackle. Shocking. The goals we conceded in his first year were mostly terrible. Garbage!! So much ball watching.

But him and Forsyth have massively improved. You usually have to work a little harder for goals against us now or catch us on the break. With Thorne protecting them I think we'll be fine as we are. Will they pass the test in the PL? Who cares. We aren't in the PL.

As for losing possession... if it was often then I'd worry but it's not that common. Just defenders get punished more obviously.

Give me a player that tries to pass the ball and fails over a player that hoofs any day.

Hate to say it but he looked like a broken man today. Made 3 or 4 glaring errors unfortunately It seems like the mistake at wembley has really affected him.

maybe he was a little rusty? it don't take much for the moaning to return after the elation if thorne signing. Imagine the atmosphere at ipro if we are losing at half time in first home match and not playing particularly well. Imagine the reaction if a keogh mistake leads to their goal.

Keogh's organisation at the back and ensuring the back 4 push out is top notch. If you listened today you could hear him shout Fozzy and Christie to get up and keep a high line. He makes a few mistakes but for the rest of the time he is a class act..

So you're trying to compare "competition" for CM and CB as the same level? The CB partnership is more vital to keep together than a bunch of midfielders..

Hayden has played one cup game for the actual 'Arsenal' name. Ake isn't a natural CB. He's being groomed to play that holding role and is even being played at LB in pre-season. Christensen the same as Hayden, another youth level player. Who could make the next level but who knows. Only realistic one out of the 4 is Duffy.. and I wasn't impressed with him last season to be perfectly honest.

Funny how Keane came in, who has the potential to become a first team player at a high level and played how many minutes for us?

If we're getting a CB in, we're going to have to sell up first like we did with Shackell and get someone who has been playing league games week in week out. Not some kid.

Used to get really annoyed with Keogh. He won poty in his first year(?) and I thought that's a robbery.

The guy was ok so long as he had everything in front of him. The minute he had to show any sort of awareness of what's around him he lost the plot.

He used to get credit for losing his man and then making a last ditch tackle. Shocking. The goals we conceded in his first year were mostly terrible. Garbage!! So much ball watching.

But him and Forsyth have massively improved. You usually have to work a little harder for goals against us now or catch us on the break. With Thorne protecting them I think we'll be fine as we are. Will they pass the test in the PL? Who cares. We aren't in the PL.

As for losing possession... if it was often then I'd worry but it's not that common. Just defenders get punished more obviously.

Give me a player that tries to pass the ball and fails over a player that hoofs any day.

This. We play a risky game with our ball-playing centre halves but it pays dividends when we counter. We didn't get to be the leagues top scorers with "Row Z, no risk" defending.

Archived