Official "Cry and bitch about Keogh" thread.

Tombo

Would this thread even exist if someone else had ballsed up at Wembley??? All defenders make mistakes that lead to goals, in the position they play, same as goalies, their cock ups are magnified. I don't see anyone p1ss1n and moaning about Buxton or Forsyth even though they were equally as culpable for QPRs goal... Cut the captain some slack!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. We play a risky game with our ball-playing centre halves but it pays dividends when we counter. We didn't get to be the leagues top scorers with "Row Z, no risk" defending.

Yeah, I think people are too concerned about conceding goals.

I like the approach where we defend the best we can but we're there to score and an open game suits us more than a tight one. Basically the opposite of QPR who were hard to break down all season but struggled to created chances themselves a lot.

I want to play like Braz... Barcelona

Yeah, I think people are too concerned about conceding goals.

I like the approach where we defend the best we can but we're there to score and an open game suits us more than a tight one. Basically the opposite of QPR who were hard to break down all season but struggled to created chances themselves a lot.

I want to play like Braz... Barcelona

I'd rather win 4-3 than 1-0.

I'd rather win 4-3 than 1-0.

Me too. You can always find yourselves a goal down to something you can't control. Remember Blackpool at home (5-1)? Soft FK, whipped in, flick on, 0-1. A team like QPR would have been in trouble.

We can still have a sold defence and score for fun. The two go can go hand in hand. Yes our defence record (under Mcclaren) was very good, but I think we can improve and tighten up even more. And try not to concede silly goals,

Cause we can improve. Even Real Madrid are looking to improve. But let's at least be realistic about where we are at the moment, and what it would take in investment to improve on what we've got.

However, if anyone knows of a Stimac- a -like out there......

maybe he was a little rusty? it don't take much for the moaning to return after the elation if thorne signing. Imagine the atmosphere at ipro if we are losing at half time in first home match and not playing particularly well. Imagine the reaction if a keogh mistake leads to their goal.

How exactly am I moaning? I'm commenting on what I saw at the game today. Like I said keoghs body language was very negative when he was subbed, he looked very disappointed in his own performance to me.

None based on last season. But we should keep on improving by making further additions to the squad, replacing players with better players etc.

Doesn't that apply to every club in the football league? The right players have to be available and within the budget being worked to. If a defensive midfielder better than Thorne became available then I would want him because it improves our chances of progress. That also applies to every other position in the starting eleven (yes, including Keogh) but something resembling an anti campaign before the season has started leaves a bad taste

How exactly am I moaning? I'm commenting on what I saw at the game today. Like I said keoghs body language was very negative when he was subbed, he looked very disappointed in his own performance to me.

Maybe he still has THAT goal stuck in his head? I believe he felt/feels solely responsible for our promotion miss, despite what he may say as they always to have spiel out the positivity messages after a match like that. 

I think he needs to put more time/games between him and THAT goal before we'll see his confidence return fully. Hope it don't take too long.

Maybe he still has THAT goal stuck in his head? I believe he felt/feels solely responsible for our promotion miss, despite what he may say as they always to have spiel out the positivity messages after a match like that.

I think he needs to put more time/games between him and THAT goal before we'll see his confidence return fully. Hope it don't take too long.

I agree. Needs to get it out of his head ASAP. Derby fans showed him a lot of love today which can only help. We've forgotten about it he needs to now

He nearly had me crying watching the footage of him after the game, especially when bucko tried to console him, he was as bad.

I think it may take a few games but i think he'll sort his head out.

Keogh will be okay after a few games I think. Maybe when his name gets read out in the starting lineup at the first home game, we can try to make as much noise cheering him as we can to let him know we're still fully behind him? What do you reckon?

Keogh will be okay after a few games I think. Maybe when his name gets read out in the starting lineup at the first home game, we can try to make as much noise cheering him as we can to let him know we're still fully behind him? What do you reckon?

Agree. Wholeheartedly. The boy needs to know we still rate him and we're still behind him. 

We didn't go up purely because luck wasn't on our side that day. Pure and simple.

Agree. Wholeheartedly. The boy needs to know we still rate him and we're still behind him. 

We didn't go up purely because luck wasn't on our side that day. Pure and simple.

But for that to happen, everyone needs to get behind him. And that's the hard bit because people just don't trust him anymore. Wish people would have more faith in our players...

We have a team now which is more than a match for any side in the championship and probably half the Prem now... let's please put the negativity to one side for a while and just have some positive thoughts for the team going into the new season...

Batman has spoken...

The reception he got today was very good, you could tell he appreciated it. Made a silly mistake under very testing conditions and nearly made another with a poor pass, price we pay for having a footballer rather than a hoofer, still in credit on his account for me.

Me too. You can always find yourselves a goal down to something you can't control. Remember Blackpool at home (5-1)? Soft FK, whipped in, flick on, 0-1. A team like QPR would have been in trouble.

Good post - and against good teams too - watford at home.

we should play to our strengths imo - and that's attacking.

(but let's not kid ourselves - if the management think there's a weak link - they're gone...)

Archived