Alassane Tour

zaragozaram

Some papers said the fee was 1.2million others claimed in excess of 1mil, season ticket holder for the past 8 years, go to most away, more than entitled to my opinion

You're entitled to any opinion you want, it just doesn't match the numbers we have.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some papers said the fee was 1.2million others claimed in excess of 1mil, season ticket holder for the past 8 years, go to most away, more than entitled to my opinion

Congratulations on the last 8 years. Effectively you got a season ticket for the Billy Davies season and never watched the ***** before that season... 

spose that makes those that don't go less entitled to an opinion than yours? Even if your opinion is, by all accounts, ridiculously harsh. 

Finished 3rd in the league

2nd best team in the league since Mac's arrival

2nd best defence in the league since Mac's arrival

Top scorers in the league

Record points total

And still people want us to change a lot of our squad. People saying Ward isn't good enough, Keogh, Buxton, Christie (before he's even played) .... and some people were even saying Bryson can leave when he was thought to be joining Burnley. Why make changes to a winning team?

Congratulations on the last 8 years. Effectively you got a season ticket for the Billy Davies season and never watched the ***** before that season...

spose that makes those that don't go less entitled to an opinion than yours? Even if your opinion is, by all accounts, ridiculously harsh.

had a season ticket since I was classed as an "adult" been going but didn't have a season ticket before all my life, anyone's entitled to their opinion the comment made to me I was replying to hinted I don't go and watch often so was just saying... I hope I'm proven completely wrong there was games like the playoff semi he looked really good in but as I said IMO for all the good he does he makes too many mistakes

Our defensive record under McClaren was fine, this is true, but a contributing factor in that is that we dominated the majority of games in midfield - teams didn't come out to attack us at tjhe iPro, our defence wasn't really tested to its fullest with the exception of a handful of games - and in those games we looked like conceding with every opposition attack.

I'll ask again

Who was genuinely surprised when Keogh made his mistake in the play-off final?

I think if most people are being honest with themselves, they'll find they weren't.

He wouldn't be made a scapegoat out of if people trusted in his abilities, but sometimes trust is hard to come by once you're seen as error prone, you're just waiting for the next one and hoping it isn't costly.

That said, I'd rather he made an error like today's in a pre-season game against Notts County than in a match that matters, and he should hopefully have learned from it.

Finished 3rd in the league

2nd best team in the league since Mac's arrival

2nd best defence in the league since Mac's arrival

Top scorers in the league

Record points total

And still people want us to change a lot of our squad. People saying Ward isn't good enough, Keogh, Buxton, Christie (before he's even played) .... and some people were even saying Bryson can leave when he was thought to be joining Burnley. Why make changes to a winning team?

Agree.

Tbf I did say Bryson can leave if he wants to go as far as I'm concerned. Not because he's not good enough for us, he clearly is.

Just think that when a club wants to sell a player who's still under contract then nobody cares how this will effect the player. But when the player wants to leave a club he starts getting called disloyal and his contract is brought straight up.

Just think if a player wants to leave then let them. Nothing wrong with negotiating the best deal but all this "rot in the reserves" and "honouring his contract" stuff... let the guy leave! Can only think of a few players that are near impossible to replace.

Our defensive record under McClaren was fine, this is true, but a contributing factor in that is that we dominated the majority of games in midfield - teams didn't come out to attack us at tjhe iPro, our defence wasn't really tested to its fullest with the exception of a handful of games - and in those games we looked like conceding with every opposition attack.

I'll ask again

Who was genuinely surprised when Keogh made his mistake in the play-off final?

I think if most people are being honest with themselves, they'll find they weren't.

He wouldn't be made a scapegoat out of if people trusted in his abilities, but sometimes trust is hard to come by once you're seen as error prone, you're just waiting for the next one and hoping it isn't costly.

That said, I'd rather he made an error like today's in a pre-season game against Notts County than in a match that matters, and he should hopefully have learned from it.

prepare for the bullets, we can be friends haha

had a season ticket since I was classed as an "adult" been going but didn't have a season ticket before all my life, anyone's entitled to their opinion the comment made to me I was replying to hinted I don't go and watch often so was just saying... I hope I'm proven completely wrong there was games like the playoff semi he looked really good in but as I said IMO for all the good he does he makes too many mistakes

Nah Albert never hinted that you didn't go and watch, he laid out the facts and it didn't suit your opinion of Keogh so you played the "I go watch them so I can have an opinion" card

The facts are: 

Keogh was part of the defence which finished 3rd

Since McClaren came in he was part of a defence which conceded the second lowest amount.

My opinion is:

Derby's defenders have to work harder than any other teams because of how attacking our playing style is and so Keogh must be doing something right! 

Your opinion is:

He's not good enough. 

Now if we had a terrible goals against and had scraped into the play offs 6th I could agree to some extent that we need to improve defensively but we didn't interpolated over the season McClaren's tenure would have seen us go up automatically. 

We are both entitled to our opinions but our opinions don't change the facts

Nah Albert never hinted that you didn't go and watch, he laid out the facts and it didn't suit your opinion of Keogh so you played the "I go watch them so I can have an opinion" card

The facts are:

Keogh was part of the defence which finished 3rd

Since McClaren came in he was part of a defence which conceded the second lowest amount.

My opinion is:

Derby's defenders have to work harder than any other teams because of how attacking our playing style is and so Keogh must be doing something right!

Your opinion is:

He's not good enough.

Now if we had a terrible goals against and had scraped into the play offs 6th I could agree to some extent that we need to improve defensively but we didn't interpolated over the season McClaren's tenure would have seen us go up automatically.

We are both entitled to our opinions but our opinions don't change the facts

that's fair enough but if I had the choice I'd replace him with a more proven CB I find myself looking through my hands when he's got the ball and the memorable mistakes always seem to be from him

My opinion is:

Derby's defenders have to work harder than any other teams because of how attacking our playing style is

My opinion is the total opposite.

Our defence had to work a hell of a lot harder under Clough than McClaren as we were forever letting teams pile pressure onto us at the back end of matches.

that's fair enough but if I had the choice I'd replace him with a more proven CB I find myself looking through my hands when he's got the ball and the memorable mistakes always seem to be from him

I feel that might be true if we were to be promoted but there just isn't the sort of replacements available that are affordable whilst we are in the champs... besides its not like we had a bad season

Our defence had to work a hell of a lot harder under Clough than McClaren as we were forever letting teams pile pressure onto us at the back end of matches.

Agree to disagree then. I think the whole team have to work harder, including the defence. 

My opinion is somewhere in between.

There are other things defenders have to work much harder at under McClaren, but the hard work Clough demanded of them was, as you say, at the end of games when tired minds and tired legs lead to mistakes.

My opinion is somewhere in between.

There are other things defenders have to work much harder at under McClaren, but the hard work Clough demanded of them was, as you say, at the end of games when tired minds and tired legs lead to mistakes.

Yeah, I agree

There's...

working hard as a group to keep your positioning and organisation tight in order to contain events before they happen, and

working hard on your individual responsibilites and personal battles, reacting to events that have happened and making sure you don't make individual mistakes

The first one, you can make an error but it won't necessarily lead to problems

The second - if you make an error then the opposition are in.

I'd say McClaren's appearance helped greatly with the first, but the second we still struggle with.

Archived