Alassane Tour

zaragozaram

Only 25 games for Lens (Ligue 2) since 2009, and already 25 years old, which is actually quite old for someone who's played so few games over 5 years and only in the 2nd tier. Isn't the French 2nd tier also generally lower quality than the Championship? Yeah theres the comparison with the likes of Knockaert being from this level, but he's only 22 and has played alot more. Of course I don't know much about apart from the stats and these don't always give the whole picture.....anyone know any more?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 25 games for Lens (Ligue 2) since 2009, and already 25 years old, which is actually quite old for someone who's played so few games over 5 years and only in the 2nd tier. Isn't the French 2nd tier also generally lower quality than the Championship? Yeah theres the comparison with the likes of Knockaert being from this level, but he's only 22 and has played alot more. Of course I don't know much about apart from the stats and these don't always give the whole picture.....anyone know any more?

According to this.....

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/alassane-toure/39165/

He's played 39 but i know what you mean.

Lens haven't always been Ligue 2.

True, but  he's played mostly in what appears to be there 2nd team playing in the CFA (largely Amateur) leagues. According to Ramnut's post -  he appears to have played the equivalent of 11 or so games 3-4 years ago in Ligue 1 (not Ramnut - I mean Toure!)

All I'm seeing is Michael Jacobs and Johnny Russell.

Which is odd since Jacobs isn't in there.

It's Lee Grant, Cyrus Christie, Jake Buxton, Richard Keogh, Shaun Barker, Craig Forsyth, George Thorne, Jeff Hendrick, Will Hughes, Craig Bryson, Johnny Russell, Jamie Ward, Simon Dawkins and Chris Martin. I think that's all I put in it.

Which is odd since Jacobs isn't in there.It's Lee Grant, Cyrus Christie, Jake Buxton, Richard Keogh, Shaun Barker, Craig Forsyth, George Thorne, Jeff Hendrick, Will Hughes, Craig Bryson, Johnny Russell, Jamie Ward, Simon Dawkins and Chris Martin. I think that's all I put in it.

How did you do that?

How did you do that?

Took the best images of them I could find and basically layered them on top of eachother with increasing transparency such that they got equal visibility. The net effect is basically an "average".

Took the best images of them I could find and basically layered them on top of eachother with increasing transparency such that they got equal visibility. The net effect is basically an "average".

Looks like a blurred picture of Shackell!

Only 25 games for Lens (Ligue 2) since 2009, and already 25 years old, which is actually quite old for someone who's played so few games over 5 years and only in the 2nd tier. Isn't the French 2nd tier also generally lower quality than the Championship? Yeah theres the comparison with the likes of Knockaert being from this level, but he's only 22 and has played alot more. Of course I don't know much about apart from the stats and these don't always give the whole picture.....anyone know any more?

This is the reason Toure is on trial. If he played loads and was a big part, it wouldn't be possible to take him on trial as we would have to buy him.

You get trialists to see how they are in training/ friendlies and if they fit in with the squad you sign them regardless of how many games they have played before.

Don't know, but thought he looked decent and very assured on the ball against Zenit.

Toure did ok when he came on.

Really?

I think he looks to hoof it at the earliest opportunity.

Archived