Ronaldo

ronnieronalde

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea he does a great amount for various charities as well. Much more than what some players do. I think a lot of people see him still as that obnoxious, petulant, cheating, primadonna of Euro 2004 and WC 2006. I guess he has certainly mellowed with age.

He does an awful, awful lot for charity.

My favourite player in the world, apart from Buxton, for various reasons. I can guarantee that no-one trains harder than him.

The hard work to improve every aspect of his game is the greatest example to any good player. He could have carved a good career out of being quick and skillful, but it wasn't enough. 

He could play any position, apart from in goal, and be world class IMO

always hear whispers about him donating large amounts to people who really need it such as kids needing medical care and after a few different rumours you start to assume there can't be so smoke without fire... he is a great ambassador for football if we can only ignore the Ronaldo who 'winked'.

On a footballing perspective he has been the best player in the world for the last 18 months (in my opinion). I don't necessarily think he's the most naturally gifted player in the world but he took the substantial talent he had and worked harder than any other footballer would care to and this has lifted him to the top of the world. 

Someone told me that the shaving in his hair for this world cup was to show his support for a little lad who was having brain surgery. Unfortunately being an old and cynical bugger I thought it looked like a number 7... but I hope I am wrong...

Seen a programme on him, but obviously it was designed to big him up as a nice person.

I'd like him, but it's his me, me, me attitude which stinks. The CL final was horrific, he never celebrated when Bale and Marcelo scored their goals yet went mental when he netted a penalty to make it 4-1 in the last minute as if he won the game singlehandedly.

You'll rarely if ever see him score a goal and immediately turn to the provider to say thankyou unlike Messi. Ronaldo just runs off on his own and that 'shhh calm down I'm here' celebration he has after tapping in after Di Maria did all the hard work was pathetic.

I use to think he was an absolute d*ck until recently, the story about the family of the boy who needed surgery who contacted him to donate some boots and a signed shirt to auction off to help raise the funds needed, Ronaldo's response was to donate the full amount needed. Also the haircut was, apparently, a tribute to the boy and the scare he was left with. Mark of a true man if you ask me, although relatively speaking it is only like us donating a third of our weekly wage. Gone up alot in my estimations though.

Oh and Messi is better if you ask me. Think the world cup has given some weight to this debate. Stepped up to the plate.

Yea he does a great amount for various charities as well. Much more than what some players do. I think a lot of people see him still as that obnoxious, petulant, cheating, primadonna of Euro 2004 and WC 2006. I guess he has certainly mellowed with age.

He's got that arrogance that it takes to be the best. He's good, he knows he's good, and by putting out that atmosphere he can intimidate opponents.

What's interesting about him though is that there's really nothing to hate him for. He's does his part, he's a hard working player, who plays his heart out and is a champion off the field as well as on it.

It sort of reminds me of Mario Balotelli as well, who whilst a bit full on, is also a champion off the field.

Thought this was a video worth posting. (if it's already somewhere else, sorry)

Especially for those who think Ronaldo is a pompous little primadonna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6a0-MvfVsk

What a lovely gesture from him.

Well, he can't be a pompous little primadonna. Not if he hugs children.

What an amazing thing to do.

I am in awe of the man.

Well, he can't be a pompous little primadonna. Not if he hugs children.

What an amazing thing to do.

I am in awe of the man.

Haha, I was thinking the same.

John Terry would have done the same thing if a few kids were stood next to him with their arms out asking for a hug, he's still a c*nt.

Anyone saying he's better than Messi as well is quite clearly wrong. 

Archived