Ronaldo

ronnieronalde

This argument always makes me laugh.

As if the Prem is some sort of super league, superior to everything known to man.

La Liga is p*ss easy, Spurs and Everton would spank the likes of Valencia and Bilbao.

There's a huge difference between superior and competitive. My argument is that the premier league is more competitive and unpredictable than la liga. I wouldn't be naive enough to believe it is superior.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a huge difference between superior and competitive. My argument is that the premier league is more competitive and unpredictable than la liga. I wouldn't be naive enough to believe it is superior.

People say the PL is the most unpredictable and competitive but it really isn't.

I can guarantee that City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton will be in the top 7 next season. I bet you can't predict the 7 teams who will be La Liga's top 7.

I can guarantee that four of City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool will be next year's top 4. Whilst the top 3 in La Liga will be obvious, the fourth spot has shared by four different clubs over the past four years.

In the PL last season, on the last game of the season all three relegation spots were already taken. In La Liga, only one had been taken and the fate of FIVE others were still at stake.

In La Liga, the different between 4th spot and 18th was 31 points. In the PL it was 46 points. Goes to show which league is more competitive.

Also, this point that La Liga is only a two horse race or whatever need to simply understand that that the top three teams are also up there with the top five in Europe. If Real Madrid or Barcelona were in the PL they'd also both win it. You can't criticise a league when both clubs are simply much better than the rest.

People beat La Liga with a stick and say that it's rubbish because Barca and Real Madrid win everygame like 6-0 against pisseasy teams. Erm, Barca did the double over Man City last season and Real Madrid beat CL last 16 teams Schalke and Galatasary 6-1 away from home not to mention Bayern 4-0. Perhaps they are simply just much better than the rest, including PL teams.

Archived