Jamie Ward

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People slating ward? I dont get it. Everytime i watch him play he really does dig in, and give it a real go, seems to have a hunger some players seem to lack, wouldnt be happy if he went because he would easily slot into most teams starting XI in the champ

Everytime i watch him play he really does dig in, and give it a real go, seems to have a hunger some players seem to lack

YES

Nice to see someone speaking sense... Wardy is up there with Bucko in terms of desire and passion on the pitch...

People slating ward? I dont get it. Everytime i watch him play he really does dig in, and give it a real go, seems to have a hunger some players seem to lack, wouldnt be happy if he went because he would easily slot into most teams starting XI in the champ

I don't think we should let him go. We should be looking to have the strongest squad possible and Ward has a part to play in our squad as it currently stands.  However, if we bring in another winger  then Ward will begin to find his appearances a little more limited and at that case he might be keen to pursue the interest from elsewhere.

People writing of Dawkins quite a bit, who we definitely haven't seen the best of. Him and Russell are still some of the best wingers in the league, but haven't really had their full pop at the league yet (Russell had to settle in and deal with injuries, Dawkins similarly but it's also his first real season in a team that isn't a loan)

The only problem with Ward is his fitness problems. He can't play 90 minutes and I get the feeling he barely trains too. That's why I'd take a decent bid for him. He puts everything he has into every game he plays but if he was to go then we could replace him with someone we can rely on to play a little more.

I'd prefer to see him stay though. I'd rather nobody tried to test our mettle with a bid.

I like Ward. He shouldn't ever take a set piece, but on his day, he gives you that bit extra when it comes to determination and going forward. Also, he used to get me and my mate free tickets to watch the rams, which is always a plus.

Archived