Jamie Ward

DcFc Dyycheee

I think he's been a good servant and would prefer to see him stay with us.

I'd hate to have narky Jamie lining up against us with a point to prove.

I think he can and does still take a man on very well and I think he's a big game player.

It looks like it might be quite a tough summer for me, I don't want anyone to leave, never mind my favourites.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't have offered this year extension so id jump at that.

But given it is just a year I think you'd be lucky to get that.

I agree I'd have gave him the extension for two reasons,

1 he's a good impact player

2 can sell him

Anywhere between 500k - 1mill is fine

Say he's on 10k a week with only a year left that'll be around the 480k mark for the year id be happy with a 600-700k ( a mil if were lucky ) offer for him we've got a better player already in Russell to replace him if we get someone else from abroad or somewhere cheaper then id be ok with that.

Ward fills me with optimism and frustration.

He chases and is a nuisance to defenders, but his lack of final product frustrates the hell out of me.

Injuries are becoming more frequent too, and he has slipped down the pecking order in terms of 1st name on the team sheet. Clearly agent talk looking for a contract, but I wouldn't be desperately sad to lose him.

A good squad player now who can make an impact from the subs bench, but if we did sell I think we would get around

A few seasons ago, undoubtedly out best player going forward, been a fantastic servant to the club, and great at this level, but unfortunately we're past his level now :/

If he does go (500k -1mil), I can see it to a top half team, Ipswich, wolves etc... He'd be probably be their player our defence has to keep an eye on and stuck close too

Ward stats (sort of fairly accurate)

2010-2011 // 13 apps // 5 goals // ?? assists

2011-2012 // 39 apps // 4 goals // 5 assists

2012-2013 // 26 apps // 12 goals // 8 assists

2013-2014 // 41 apps // 7 goals // 6 assists

Certainly been an asset for us, was poor last season and you wonder whether he can ever really improve on 2012-13

Assist stats are probably out a bit but they're really hard to find accurately and im lazy

13-14 were from who scored so probably the only really accurate ones there

Ward stats (sort of fairly accurate)

2010-2011 // 13 apps // 5 goals // ?? assists

2011-2012 // 39 apps // 4 goals // 5 assists

2012-2013 // 26 apps // 12 goals // 8 assists

2013-2014 // 41 apps // 7 goals // 6 assists

Certainly been an asset for us, was poor last season and you wonder whether he can ever really improve on 2012-13

Assist stats are probably out a bit but they're really hard to find accurately and im lazy

13-14 were from who scored so probably the only really accurate ones there

I think the 2013/14 stats are probably a little distorted as the great thing is we don't have to totally rely on Ward nowadays, when in the past he carried the only threat in the entire team. So he doesn't play as much, which has meant he's fresher when he does. I'd guess (just a guess) that his actual minutes on the pitch last season was similar to 2012/13.

I would definitely prefer him in our team than lining up against us. He gives us something none of the other "wingers" do, and our game last season was built around having 5 interchangeable wingers in Ward, Russell, Dawkins, Bamford, Bennett, who all offer different things and gave the opposition different problems. I hope the noises are just an agitation for a new contract. Currently the lad's in his last year. I'd like to give him a new 2 year contract (but he may not be keen when Hendrick and Forsyth have 4 years).

But, the one key thing I've said time and time and time again - don't ever let him near a set piece. For the love of god, he cannot take a decent freekick and we wasted countless opportunities pretending otherwise..

I think the 2013/14 stats are probably a little distorted as the great thing is we don't have to totally rely on Ward nowadays, when in the past he carried the only threat in the entire team. So he doesn't play as much, which has meant he's fresher when he does. I'd guess (just a guess) that his actual minutes on the pitch last season was similar to 2012/13.

I would definitely prefer him in our team than lining up against us. He gives us something none of the other "wingers" do, and our game last season was built around having 5 interchangeable wingers in Ward, Russell, Dawkins, Bamford, Bennett, who all offer different things and gave the opposition different problems. I hope the noises are just an agitation for a new contract. Currently the lad's in his last year. I'd like to give him a new 2 year contract (but he may not be keen when Hendrick and Forsyth have 4 years).

But, the one key thing I've said time and time and time again - don't ever let him near a set piece. For the love of god, he cannot take a decent freekick and we wasted countless opportunities pretending otherwise..

His set pieces are dire, really wish somebody would make a compilation of every single one that hits the wall or goes miles over

Archived