Jamie Ward

DcFc Dyycheee

No point controlling the pass then forever going down blind alleys. Russell & Ward alongside Martin until we sign up a replacement for Ward who will further improve the side.

Bit ironic mentioning running down blind alleys when you're arguing FOR Ward :lol:

I like Ward but Dawkins is better.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ward is no different from most wingers in that his form varies wildly. At times he's been very good, at other times anonymous. His delivery from set pieces has generally been poor but then so has everyone else's. However he does track back well and gives support to his fullback. This is something that Dawkins doesn't do, so he needs to work on this along with his shooting. I agree with Wolfie that his form has dipped since we signed him on a perm. Hopefully a good preseason should see him back to his best.

This is a REALLY stupid debate btw...

Whether you think Ward or Dawkins is the better player Smacca made it fairly obvious last season he thinks we need 4 AMs/Wingers...

We currently have 3...

So... what seems like the best solution people? Get rid of a player and have to bring 2 more in... or keep a player who has proven to be a top championship level performer (chosen regularly by a manager i trust in a team which finished 3rd) and just bring 1 player in...

Seems a fairly simple solution...

This is a REALLY stupid debate btw...

Whether you think Ward or Dawkins is the better player Smacca made it fairly obvious last season he thinks we need 4 AMs/Wingers...

We currently have 3...

So... what seems like the best solution people? Get rid of a player and have to bring 2 more in... or keep a player who has proven to be a top championship level performer (chosen regularly by a manager i trust in a team which finished 3rd) and just bring 1 player in...

Seems a fairly simple solution...

I would of thought that Mason Bennett would be considered as the new 4th. Meaning 1 in 1 out.

I would of thought that Mason Bennett would be considered as the new 4th. Meaning 1 in 1 out.

Don't think he's ready yet... If he was Smacca would have been picking him ahead of Ward...

He looks promising... but would rather have a proven performer than potential in the team in a promotion chasing season...

Keep Wardy, he's definitely an asset and use the money elsewhere. Bring in Ibe or Lingard for LW/RW.

Firstly, we should be looking at buying Thorne, successfully. And then we should definitely look to BUY and not loan, Wisdom in my opinion. Or if the trial doesn't come off at Liverpool, DeAndre Yedlin.

Then we invest in a back-up striker and possibly a back-up centre half.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and thats mine

Very rarely and end product

In comparison to who though? You could argue he's one of the most productive players in the division, which sort of flies in the face of your statement.

Archived