Jamie Ward

DcFc Dyycheee

Sky Sports understands a number of clubs are tracking Derby County attacker Jamie Ward.

in Ward enjoyed a superb season for Derby in 2013/14, playing an instrumental role in helping them reach the Championship play-off final.

The 28-year-old scored seven goals last term and also laid on six assists as the Rams narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League.

Ward's versatility in that he can play out wide or up front means he is not short of admirers, with several Championship rivals keeping tabs on the talented performer

The Northern Ireland international is entering the final year of his contract at the iPro Stadium and Derby would be loathe to lose Ward as they look to mount another bid for promotion next season.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't rate Ward...I can't remember the last time he actually took a man on, his pace has gone due to his dodgy hamstrings and his set pieces are awful.

Sell him now and get a bit of money to put towards a replacement.

I personally don't rate Ward...I can't remember the last time he actually took a man on, his pace has gone due to his dodgy hamstrings and his set pieces are awful.

Hamstrings aside.... Thought he played well in play off final.... Think he murdered the fall back all second half. Agreed crosses were hit and miss.

100% agree

I'd be quite happy if we got rid of Ward as long as replaced.

He can't play a full game nor season anymore. Been great in his time here but we can do better now. I believe Dawkins is a better option already.

Archived