Yeltsin Tejeda - Sky Sports

DcFc Dyycheee

Or use your brain and think logically  :)

This is logical.

I've got it.

Its brilliant.

I'm going to try getting my season ticket using this technique.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is logical.

I've got it.

Its brilliant.

You should! I mean, buying a season ticket that has a fixed price is definitely the same as buying a player who has no fixed price, wonderful idea!

This is logical.

I've got it.

Its brilliant.

It's still a better tactic than 'the Arabian way'.

*sorry to tar all Arabians with the same stick, Bahrain, but it's there to stay. Blame Forest.

You should! I mean, buying a season ticket that has a fixed price is definitely the same as buying a player who has no fixed price, wonderful idea!

Fixed price or asking price?

Hey.

It's still a better tactic than 'the Arabian way'.

*sorry to tar all Arabians with the same stick, Bahrain, but it's there to stay. Blame Forest.

We need to build up an army and wipe out all those Gumps! Damn that's the Arabian in me talking.

#Arabianway

Yes! We need a Costa Rican! If we could find a Croatian as well I'd be delighted

Sorry, but they are like sugar lumps in restaurant coffee. One on its own does bugger all, but two? Now you're talking.

So, does anybody really think that we can sign a player who has had a successful World Cup? Would that player, given various options, choose a 2nd division club?

Yes Jim Smith signed Stimac and Asanovic, but the first a year before the European championships and the other a month before! To get a bargain you have to find it before an important championship, not during. Unfortunately this year we can "only" look at lower prem, higher championship or obscure foreigners who aren't playing in the World Cup. Next year is when we can look for a gem a la Stimac!

So, does anybody really think that we can sign a player who has had a successful World Cup? Would that player, given various options, choose a 2nd division club?

Yes Jim Smith signed Stimac and Asanovic, but the first a year before the European championships and the other a month before! To get a bargain you have to find it before an important championship, not during. Unfortunately this year we can "only" look at lower prem, higher championship or obscure foreigners who aren't playing in the World Cup. Next year is when we can look for a gem a la Stimac!

The World Cup (and the Euros to a slightly lesser extent) has to be the worst market in which to buy a player. Someone has one or two half decent games and their price rockets. Common sense and proper research just seems to go out of the window. There are plenty of examples of poor buys on the back a major tournament. Thankfully I don't think it's something we have to worry about for the time being  :)

Archived