Yeltsin Tejeda - Sky Sports

DcFc Dyycheee

Sky Sports understands a number of Premier League and Championship clubs are tracking Costa Rica international Yeltsin Tejeda.

The defensive midfielder featured prominently in the surprise 3-1 World Cup victory over Uruguay on Saturday and his progress at the finals is being monitored by a number of sides.

The likes of of Sunderland, Everton, Derby, Brighton and Fulham are all thought to be keeping tabs on Tejeda.

Despite only being 22, Tejeda is already an experienced international and he played a key role in helping his country qualify for the World Cup.

Tejeda, who plays for Costa Rica's champions Saprissa, will have the chance to impress his suitors further when they take on England next week and his UK representative, Mike Williams of Sportspoint International, claims interest is mounting in the midfielder.

“We already have a good level of interest in Yeltsin, both here in the UK and also from Belgium and Spain," Williams told Sky Sports.

"There were offers from Belgium in January and we also turned down offers from Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS earlier this year.

"So given his very good performance in the match against Uruguay (and with games against Italy and England still to come), I am confident he will enhance his growing reputation further during the World Cup."

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/11095/9350709/transfer-news-costa-rica-international-yeltsin-tejeda-wanted-by-english-clubs

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, we're back to the Paolo Wanchope days.

Anyway this lad is a terrific player, just terrific.

Well known for his movement, passing, tackling, shooting, heading and breathing. He should compliment Bryson Hughes Hendrick Thorne Eustace quite well  :D

So this is plan B to Thorne, I'm impressed. I think with the Wanchope connection we may have a chance.

Agree entirely. Of course Thorne is low risk - we've done a try before you buy. Adapting to life in the Championship is tough so there'd always be an element of risk. bringing in a young Costa Rican international. I think Solis come with a far better rep than Wanchope, but never really cut it in England. However, Tejeda certainly looked good in his first World Cup outing.

Oh, and if you travel round Costa Rica they've a brand of cigarettes called "Derby" advertised on billboards everywhere. Great subliminal promotion.

“We already have a good level of interest in Yeltsin, both here in the UK and also from Belgium and Spain," Williams told Sky Sports.

"There were offers from Belgium in January and we also turned down offers from Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS earlier this year.

He mentions the UK and Sky put together a list of random clubs. This World Cup is messing up with their normal mid-season transfer nonsense.

Agree entirely. Of course Thorne is low risk - we've done a try before you buy. Adapting to life in the Championship is tough so there'd always be an element of risk. bringing in a young Costa Rican international. I think Solis come with a far better rep than Wanchope, but never really cut it in England. However, Tejeda certainly looked good in his first World Cup outing.

Oh, and if you travel round Costa Rica they've a brand of cigarettes called "Derby" advertised on billboards everywhere. Great subliminal promotion.

To my memory it wasn't so much that "Solis didn't cut it" as "Solis didn't get much of a chance". We were only allowed to field two non-EU players and that was always going to be Poom and Wanchope - good luck to anyone trying to get selected ahead of them for a position (midfield) where we were already pretty well covered. Always felt sorry for him as when he did play he looked good. 

Wow - I'd love a pack of Derby ciggies - just love it

To my memory it wasn't so much that "Solis didn't cut it" as "Solis didn't get much of a chance". We were only allowed to field two non-EU players and that was always going to be Poom and Wanchope - good luck to anyone trying to get selected ahead of them for a position (midfield) where we were already pretty well covered. Always felt sorry for him as when he did play he looked good. 

Solis was good it was just we had 5 none EU players the weakest being maybe him.

Archived