Yeltsin Tejeda - Sky Sports

DcFc Dyycheee

It's not been a good start though. Admitting he'd never seen your record signing play must not have been too popular...

Not at all. Irvine joined in the off season so difficult to view any potential targets play live. A few of our more successful signings in recent seasons have been signed in the same manner, Yacob, Mulumbu. A lot of trust is put into our scouting network so the head coach doesnt have to spend a lot of time viewing players himself and can concentrate on coaching.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nigerian who Nigeria didn't take to the WC(?)

Only messing anyway. I pay about as much attention to the bottom of the PL as the average WBA fan pays to the Championship.

Ive got a feeling Brown Ideye will prove to be a wiser acquisition and better value for money than some of the championship strikers that have sold for big money recently.

Ive got a feeling Brown Ideye will prove to be a wiser acquisition and better value for money than some of the championship strikers that have sold for big money recently.

Ideye > McCormack.

You've got that much right I reckon.

Not at all. Irvine joined in the off season so difficult to view any potential targets play live. A few of our more successful signings in recent seasons have been signed in the same manner, Yacob, Mulumbu. A lot of trust is put into our scouting network so the head coach doesnt have to spend a lot of time viewing players himself and can concentrate on coaching.

Surely the coach has a say in signings?

No good me passing you a top notch screwdriver to hammer nails in

It's been crazy what's happening with Ulloa and McCormack.

McCormack is a fine player but for

I've said elsewhere that is the view shared by the London press and a lot of opposing fans looking from the outside. Local press were of the view WBA were in a slump and didn't know how to change things, most WBA believe we would of been relegated had Clarke remained in charge.

London press are a load of West Ham loving, not understanding what happens outside of the Watford Gap cronies.

They still think we should have kept Billy Davies and they called us a joke for sacking NC.

They have barely mention what Owen Oyston has done with the PL parachute money at Blackpool, if the same thing happened at QPR or West Ham you would never heard the end of it.

Feck them.

London press are a load of West Ham loving, not understanding what happens outside of the Watford Gap cronies.

They still think we should have kept Billy Davies and they called us a joke for sacking NC.

They have barely mention what Owen Oyston has done with the PL parachute money at Blackpool, if the same thing happened at QPR or West Ham you would never heard the end of it.

Feck them.

That reminds me... Remember that article linking Billy Davies to the West Ham job? That was a laugh for a bit.

Surely the coach has a say in signings?

No good me passing you a top notch screwdriver to hammer nails in

Has a say yes, but doesn't mean he's watched them play live himself. Like I said a lot of trust is put into our scouting network. I'm. Not saying its necessarily the best way, but it has uncovered some gems in the past

With a name which is an anagram of Di Browneye?

Who's your man who's picking these players?

Because ultimately it will be Irvine's head on the block if you blow that much on a striker and he turns out to be rubbish - despite him clearly never having seen the guy play before.

Archived