Ross McCormack

P12tfc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about being similar, it's about fitting in the system we have. The midfielders we have do not suit a flat 4, hence why we've been so much better with Eustace or Thorne sitting in behind.  If we sign McCormack, we either drop Martin, we play McCormack on the wing, or we rebuild the entire midfield.  None of those make any sense at all - the team doesn't need massive changes, we need to plug the gaps that the loanees have left, and ideally get someone in who can do a similar job to Martin if he's injured.  Beyond that, if we can get a player in who's better than what we have then great, but there's no point signing an expensive player and then having to ruin the rest of the team to fit him in.

I used to see play a lot in his Cardiff days. He used to play both the central striker role with Chopra or a wider role when Chopra and Bothroyd played up front together. 

He was very effective in both roles. He would suit our system as our wingers aren't out and out wingers they are more inside forwards. 

He would definitely improve our set pieces which have been dire at times. 

I have a sneaky feeling that it could be someone like Jon Walters from Stoke, seeing as they have been buying everyone just recently and will need to offload some players to balance the books.

Would like to see RM here, but I cannot see us splashing that sort of cash on someone else with chocolate hamstrings.

Been trying to absorb all this BS about RM although it would be amazing if he signed. All this nonsense about him being the wrong type of player in this team will go out the window come kick off on the first day of the season. A good player can play anywhere and be effective...is he better than Russell or Ward...yep, although Russell will have his best season coming.

As much as Ward huffs and puffs he rarely delivers when its needed, RM does what Ward does but with and end product. There will be obvious casualties if this happens but...i have complete faith in the management if this happens and the capture of Thorne. Ill gladly fill the team with loans if these two come.

I have said on more than one occasion that i believe this transfer window will be the most important of recent times. Just hope it doesnt end up like the fiasco that surrounded Hooper a few years ago.

RM will give us options right across the front line. The front three will be interchanging all through the match....oooh it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.

Loads of Forest fans on my twitter think it's them, Cardiff or Norwich because they're the only people in this league that can afford to spend 5 million...

Can someone tell the Forest fans that:-

A - He isn't Algerian

B - They have to pay money

i think its Norwich, Mccormacks got links to some ex Leeds players there in Snodgrass etc, and they can certainly afford him and want quick promotion back to the PL,  would we put in a £5m bid?, no we wouldnt, not if we want Thorne and other signings we'd be well out of the ffp remit if we did. I wouldnt get to excited folks, if Leeds dont turn this offer down i fully expect him to be holding a Norwich City shirt up early next week.

Archived