Conor Sammon to Sheff Utd - FLW

Jenkinson

I have to say as a Derby Fan I am very disappointed with the nature of this thread.

It was not CS's fault for the transfer fee.

He works very hard for the team and never gives anything less than 100%.

While not happy to be on the bench he has made no noises about this, which lesser players in other teams often do.

He is still relatively young for the type of player he is and if anyone can improve him it's Mac and Simmo.

If we get an offer worth accepting then fair enough, until that point I would expect our fans to be behind the whole team and do not wish to draw comparisons to our neighbours and how they treat their players and owners.

Thanks

I agree he is a real workhorse, he's tall, relatively quick for his height, not affraid to chase a challenge and always gets back to help defend which is fantastic to see. I just wish he would get up and challenge in headers more, I wish he would get his foot round the ball and take a shot once in a while. He needs a few goals to raise his spirit. Watch it, this season he bags a goal in each of the first three games and he becomes a new man.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for Sammon on a personal level. He does give it 100% and genuinely plays his heart out. Also, the transfer fee and speculated wages aren't his fault either. 

But on a professional level, he isn't good enough. As a striker, he has two jobs. 1. Score goals. 2. Hold up the ball and bring other players into play, to score goals. Unfortunately he does neither. 

If we do get this lad from Middlesborough, that is surely the end of Sammon? He can't get in the side ahead of Martin, and you don't buy a 1.5m striker as a squad player, so surely Sammon is at least 3rd in line for one position. 

Derby aren't Man City or Chelsea. We don't have the funds to have Sammon sat doing nothing. I can see him going on a free, or very little, in order to free up wages. 

I feel bad for Sammon on a personal level. He does give it 100% and genuinely plays his heart out. Also, the transfer fee and speculated wages aren't his fault either. 

But on a professional level, he isn't good enough. As a striker, he has two jobs. 1. Score goals. 2. Hold up the ball and bring other players into play, to score goals. Unfortunately he does neither. 

If we do get this lad from Middlesborough, that is surely the end of Sammon? He can't get in the side ahead of Martin, and you don't buy a 1.5m striker as a squad player, so surely Sammon is at least 3rd in line for one position. 

Derby aren't Man City or Chelsea. We don't have the funds to have Sammon sat doing nothing. I can see him going on a free, or very little, in order to free up wages.

If we do get a striker, yes I think Sammon is gone. He doesn't make an impact from sub, and he never seemed to challenge Martin in the starting XI.

He is a lucky and unlucky player in some aspects. He's scored some goals that were fluky, and the ball just seems to bounce off him the rest of the time. A hard worker but a big earner and we can't afford to have big money sitting on the bench every week,

PistoldPete2

Sammon is a different player to Martin and the Juke.  He hassles the oppo , but he really needs to up his goal threat or else he wont get any game time.

Archived