Conor Sammon to Sheff Utd - FLW

Jenkinson

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take two conkers and a frog, and would probably I would be happy to negotiate down from that....

Truthfully though, Would be a great move for him. Think he needs to move on as he got a prayer of getting in here....

get rid, i did like him though and hope he does go to sheffield, they will have a promotion squad and i think connor's pace and generally much worse defending in league one will mean he gets 20+ goals and is brilliant for them.

:lol: :lol: :lol:  He wouldn't score 20+ goals for a pub team!!!

I can still imagine Roberto Martinez ( Wigan manager at the time of sale )   howling with laughter  selling a striker  whom had scored 1 goal  in 35 appearances for £1.2million  ....    yes all managers make mistakes  ...but imo   this signing beggars belief  ...would sell  him  for anything ..just to get him gone

Got to say that there are some cheap shots at Conor here. He didn't have any say in his price & I have seen a valuable squad member who tries his guts out for DCFC. Clough & Mac both have had good things to say about him. Why the digs??

Just the usual culprits who are not capable of an intelligent comment between them.

I don't rate him, sorry guys but for a big money signing (yes I know Conor didn't ask for the big money tag, but he was) however it told how much we struggled in the few times when Martin was out of the team and for as much as he tries, he doesn't have the technical attributes that would work in our system. If he didn't have pace, he'd still be in the Irish leagues.

Maybe a good player at SPL level, but not up to it at top 6 of Champ.

I like him, I would keep him... but he would have to be on a wage suitable for a fringe player which I'm led to believe he isn't.

No way should he be our highest earner and, if his wage of £12,000 is to be believed, we will never get rid of him until his contract is due for renewal. Sheff Utd wouldn't match his wage, would they?

Might as well get over the Sammon hate and support him for what he does rather than criticise him for not being blessed with natural talent.

Archived