Conor Sammon to Sheff Utd - FLW

Jenkinson

A friend of mine works for the local rag here in Ipswich and he's just informed me ITFC are talking to Derby about Sammon. Could be something about to happen ....

That was mentioned not long ago, but his wages were an issue i believe.. ?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Mason is good enough as a back up striker and if we can give him a few 10/15 mins here and there it would do him the world of good

Yeah, i suppose you're right. Mason could play that role and I would like to see him given a bit more game time consistantly this season. 

Although, even if we do choose to use him in that role, an extra option up front would still be welcome if Sammon goes; maybe someone in Russells mould, can play out wide or up front?

I think that Mason is good enough as a back up striker and if we can give him a few 10/15 mins here and there it would do him the world of good

Let's face it. Sammon is not a target man. He can't hold the ball up or control it. He is just the worst in the air and he can't finish. Mason is more than capable of replacing Sammon. 

A mate of mine works at Portman Road and said the rumours have been rife about the possibility of this transfer.

He along with others aren't particularly happy about it though, he commented the following of the proposed move...."To be fair our reserve team needs a target man!!"

oooooooh! Get him.

Just got 4-5 mil for Cresswell and the manager comes out and says that, I'd be gutted  :lol:

Me to imagine reminds me of the Phil Brown days when he sold our players for peanuts and had Dean Holdsworth playing striker for us, he was crap, dark days under the 3 amigo's, wonder what they are doing now? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived