Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically this is what happened

Bryson wanted a release clause

Sam wrote one, and its in the contract.

When it cans to the move Burnley tapped Bryson up, then bid what he thought was the release fee.

They told Nixon it's a release clause so he printed it without getting official comment from DCFC

Meanwhile Sam, and his lawyer mates, who wrote the clause tell Bryson "you've musinterprettrd our words" you ain't for sale

Nixon after printing hearsay blocks any Derby fans who doubt his reporting.

Wouldn't surprise me if true. Classic national reporting from Nixon, ignoring one of journalism main ethics, the right to reply!

I havent heard off my source in few days. But just to recap on what I have said:-

Will Hughes will sign a 4 year deal. (which obviously he has)

Craig Bryson will sign a new contract.

George Thorne will sign for Derby within the next week. Everything is agreed with George.

I havent heard off my source in few days. But just to recap on what I have said:-

George Thorne will sign for Derby within the next week. Everything is agreed with George.

HP or Heinz?

The George Thorne and Will Hughes info was echoed by SDSR on DCFCMad

My pants are off already.

This "is there / isn't there a clause and what is it" could end up being one of the great untold mysteries at DCFC, a bit like 'why did Steve Davies leave'.

Maybe it'll all be revealed in 30 years as the government do.

Maybe Burnley realise the claws - I'm not using the word clause (except in that explanation) - is wrong. 

Can't or don't want to pay what we want, down to my earlier suspicions that he wouldn't fit their system very well. Maybe they thought they'd be able to pick up a bargain with a decent re-sale value? I don't know.

Burnley seem content with relegation, there is very little ambition around the club at the minute.

If he wanted to leave so bad, surely he would have handed in a transfer request as soon as possible?

If he's getting the PFA and Lawyers involved then why not hand in a public transfer request? 

he he hands in a transfer request to my knowledge he would lose bonuses, whereas if a clause is activated you keep them.

Plus I think it burns the bridges if you hand in a transfer request,

I mean how could GT go back to WBA now??

he he hands in a transfer request to my knowledge he would lose bonuses, whereas if a clause is activated you keep them.

Plus I think it burns the bridges if you hand in a transfer request,

I mean how could GT go back to WBA now??

I agree, but if he really wanted out and was willing to get lawyers and the PFA involved then surely a transfer request is the viable option.

I don't doubt he agreed terms with Burnley and probably thought that's where he was heading, but I don't think he's kicked up quite the fuss rumoured.

Archived