Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

If I knew how I'd post my exchanges

Brief summary - he told someone QOR not a factor because He liked burnleys offer that's why they bid. I asked him if he meant Burnley had tapped him up. His reply was insinuating we had tapped Juke up.

He still hasn't replied to my question about seeing Brysons contract

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had an exchange with Nixon

Mentioned I doubted the release clause - he swore at me

Mentioned the supposed Suarez clause and how the media got that wrong - he stated totally different clause

Then asked if he read the contract or just heard one sides interpretation (because apparently the meeting yesterday was about why the clause is being ignored) no reply yet - he'd replied quickly to the others.

Just link him this then, it's from his own paper as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-news-luis-suarez-3199894

I would but he blocked me when I asked him again to answer if he'd seen the contract or reporting on the interpretation given by one side of the negotiations.

He's an idiot

He blocked me the other week for questioning him because Nicholson reported something different to him. Up his own arse

Personally I only believe anything confirmed by DET, DCFC website, BBC Football, or Sky Sports, all the other gossip is mostly attention seeking carp from journo's, and people who act ITK without any solid track record in proving anything.

I got told today by someone very closely connected to the club that I was and am wrong about the way the club/Sam Rush have handled the Bryson clause.

They didn't tell me there wasn't a clause, only that Sam Rush hasn't tried to ignore/block/refuse it.

I've got no reason whatsoever to believe that person is telling me anything but the truth.

As I promised, that's good enough for me, I'm happy to believe that and I'm happy to apologise for getting it wrong.

I trust him enough to believe he's not lied to me or misled me.

I can't change my views on Sam overall but that's probably my issue and not his. I will apologise to those who said I was out of order towards him. 

I didn't ask if Bryson was staying or going and he didn't offer up that information.

It doesn't matter to me and it never did. I just wanted to the club to act in the right way towards a player who has given everything he's got for the club.

If Bryson stays, none of you will be happier than me. I think with Bryson in the squad we're nailed on to go up.

If he goes I won't complain as long as the club AND the fans act fairly towards him. He's done nowt to deserve any stick. In fact entirely the opposite. He's been our most consistent performer since he got here.

I got told today by someone very closely connected to the club that I was and am wrong about the way the club/Sam Rush have handled the Bryson clause.

They didn't tell me there wasn't a clause, only that Sam Rush hasn't tried to ignore/block/refuse it.

I've got no reason whatsoever to believe that person is telling me anything but the truth.

As I promised, that's good enough for me, I'm happy to believe that and I'm happy to apologise for getting it wrong.

I can't change my views on Sam overall but that's probably my issue and not his. I will apologise to those who said I was out of order towards him. 

I didn't ask if Bryson was staying or going and he didn't offer up that information.

It doesn't matter to me and it never did. I just wanted to the club to act in the right way towards a player who has given everything he's got for the club.

If Bryson stays, none of you will be happier than me. I think with Bryson in the squad we're nailed on to go up.

If he goes I won't complain as long as the club AND the fans act fairly towards him. He's done nowt to deserve any stick. In fact entirely the opposite. He's been our most consistent performer since he got here.

Interesting stuff. Like most I don't mind if he goes to further his career, fair play to him and good luck if that's what he wants. What I do mind is the club being shafted on a derisory fee,

Deffo good luck to him if he goes. Just think one more year with Derby and he COULD be going into the PL as a key player.

He won't get much settling in time if he moves to the PL. He'll have to make an instant impression or he'll end up wishing he'd never gone.

The only teams that want Bryson are teams that are going to be up against it. He'd suit a side like Southampton, Everton, Swansea but those are beyond him. Basically I think he's pretty much got it made here and he's a key figure.

Don't go to Burnley, get banged in a 442, run around chasing shadows, become a bench warmer when results go wrong or they splash cash on a couple of names. End up surplus to requirements and then back down at this level trying to prove yourself again.

Stick with Derby and your place is relatively safe. We'll be patient because we know what you can do. That'd be the best way to enter the PL. Just got to make it happen. All our players are like that really.

That's what I love about Hughes. His advisor or himself recognise that he's where he needs to be. Playing football, in a team that will play to his style. No good going to Liverpool to compete with superstars. Certainly no good going to Villa to sit on the 18 yard line defending every week.

Be patient with Derby, when he feels like we're not keeping up with his progress then he can weigh up his options.

Too many players are short sighted. What could Scott Sinclair be doing now? Ok so the cash is coming in for nothing. But surely it's crossed his mind that he could be playing every week for Swansea, working towards the big wages bit by bit rather than go get a big handful now and then a couple of years down the line his best years both financially and footballing are behind him.

Probably not been following this but what was you wrong about?

Probably not been following this but what was you wrong about?

I wrongly accused the club and in particular Sam Rush of trying to block or ignore the clause and deny Bryson his move.

But then you all know I'm a bit trigger happy when it comes to hammering Sam the Man.

It appears I was as wide of the mark as a Geoff Thomas chip.

Apparently Sam is as stand up as they come.

I hate transfer windows!

There I said it. Bryson is a champion, Bryson is a model professional, and agents and transfers on both side are poison. Bryson has been a key player for us, and played his heart out for us. He was a key man in our improvements of the last few years and a vital part of a side that could have gone up last season. Losing him would be massive, but what would hurt more is him leaving with both sides having a bad taste in their mouths.

You know what would hurt even more though? His career being ruined by a desire to move up a mere 3 places in the league for one season. The mad grab for players on the way up is poison too. They rush buy and end up leaving multiple players in the reserves after they aren't world beaters, rather than sticking with it. Brayford had this happen to him, and I don't want it to happen to Bryson too. Within a season he could be a Championship reserve player (though well paid), but by next season he could be a key player in a Premier League side. Leaving now is madness unless it's a secure long term Premier League side bringing him in as a key player, rather than just up club bringing him in on the cheap.

I'd hope Bryson was back to finish the job, like Hughes, Hendrick, Buxton, Forsyth and most of the rest of our squad from last season, but at this point we're just hearing transfer window nonsense from the season of poison and it's devastating to watch.

I think I've just about had it with this clause.

There is obviously a clause at 750k - which Nixon and Burnley.. and possibly others have heard - but I think Rush knows how to play the game and if he's not accepted the bid then he must know the 'official' wording in the contract is open to scrutiny, which he will and should know a lot about. 

Burnley, Nixon and whoever have had the same information, and I'm in no doubt they're telling the truth, but Rush knows how to play the game and he will play the game.

Rush was a highly sought after lawyer, he knows what his doing. 

Can we ban the word 'clause' until confirmation of his future  :lol:

To be honest, I don't think there's any clause for concern. Why? Beclause we still aren't seeing anything serious happen. We know that regardless of what goes on here, Bryson is professional and passionate enough for being up to the clause next year. I doubt any would he had black and white clausing through his veins if he were still here come September.

I think I've just about had it with this clause.

There is obviously a clause at 750k - which Nixon and Burnley.. and possibly others have heard - but I think Rush knows how to play the game and if he's not accepted the bid then he must know the 'official' wording in the contract is open to scrutiny, which he will and should know a lot about.

Burnley, Nixon and whoever have had the same information, and I'm in no doubt they're telling the truth, but Rush knows how to play the game and he will play the game.

Rush was a highly sought after lawyer, he knows what his doing.

Can we ban the word 'clause' until confirmation of his future :lol:

Yes of clause we can Ambitious.

I'm sick of hearing it to. There are very few who know what exactly is in the contract but I'm sure as a lawyer Rush couldn't wait to get his clause stuck into the case.

In Rush I trust. And with Bryson still here this coming season we will be top of the league by the next time Santa clause pays his annual visit!

Basically this is what happened

Bryson wanted a release clause

Sam wrote one, and its in the contract.

When it cans to the move Burnley tapped Bryson up, then bid what he thought was the release fee.

They told Nixon it's a release clause so he printed it without getting official comment from DCFC

Meanwhile Sam, and his lawyer mates, who wrote the clause tell Bryson "you've musinterprettrd our words" you ain't for sale

Nixon after printing hearsay blocks any Derby fans who doubt his reporting.

I'd love Bryson to stay, at least for one more season but are we in danger of over emphasising his importance to the side? Yes, 16 goals was a superb effort but how much of that was down to Martin? In another team, playing a different style, he may well be far less of a threat so maybe something he should and perhaps has considered.

Stay a while longer Craig and see how things go would be my advice.

Archived