Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This "is there / isn't there a clause and what is it" could end up being one of the great untold mysteries at DCFC, a bit like 'why did Steve Davies leave'.

Maybe it'll all be revealed in 30 years as the government do.

Would still love to know why Steve Davies left.

I agree, but if he really wanted out and was willing to get lawyers and the PFA involved then surely a transfer request is the viable option.

I don't doubt he agreed terms with Burnley and probably thought that's where he was heading, but I don't think he's kicked up quite the fuss rumoured.

Ambitious,

I think it went like this

Burnley activated clause

agreed to pay bryson x amount a week,

Bryson goes to derby they offered me this,

Derby said no we cant pay that and we arent selling you for

I agree, but if he really wanted out and was willing to get lawyers and the PFA involved then surely a transfer request is the viable option.

I don't doubt he agreed terms with Burnley and probably thought that's where he was heading, but I don't think he's kicked up quite the fuss rumoured.

I hope you are right Ambitious. It's Bryson's silence that makes me think (hope) he may yet be part of our squad this season. Our target Thorne has handed in a transfer request, so has McCormack at Leeds, but all is quiet on Bryson... which I'm taking as a positive sign.

Of course if QPR come in with a wage package that blows Derby and Burnley out of the water it's a whole different ball game...

You could add in " has meeting with Derby where interpretation of the release clause is discussed and agreed we do not have to sell. Now looking at extension options and is likely to stay hence involvement in a friendly tonight."

i could but you know i mean that also in terms of he went to burnley and came back derby have said not for sale,

just out of interest how would it of worked with the clause and how would say burnley know it existed, if we cant find the details readily 

would be good if the club put all the players contracts on the site haha

i could but you know i mean that also in terms of he went to burnley and came back derby have said not for sale,

just out of interest how would it of worked with the clause and how would say burnley know it existed, if we cant find the details readily

would be good if the club put all the players contracts on the site haha

Bryson's agent.

According to Nixon on twitter Bryson was happy with Burnleys offer which is why they bid. Kind of implies tapping up.

Said the same about us and Juke. Happens in football all the time, agents don't need permission to talk to other clubs

Archived