Conor Sammon

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did we need the sly dig at Clough?

Yep I think he's surplus to requirements, dint think Clough will come back for him.

Where is the sly dig at Clough? Clough has already been in for him once, why not again?

Devils advocate here, I am by no means a Sammon fan but did he not bring more to the team than Bamford?

Dunno, 

Bamford is a luxury few teams in the championship can afford,

Sammon, is someone you bring on to hassle and run a game down in the last 25-30 mins

would depend on his wages but i wouldnt be fussed to see him go

Where is the sly dig at Clough? Clough has already been in for him once, why not again?

I didn't see one either but I'll throw one in so not to disappoint.....

Sammon is the kind of striker a poor manager would sign.

Bamford is the kind of striker a quality manager with an eye for talent would sign.

Bamford is the kind of striker a quality manager with an eye for talent would sign.

Depends what you are looking for in a player and what market you are operating in.

Sammon, for all of his faults, is good for pressuring defenders and he did pop up with a few late winners early on in our decent run.

Bamford has an eye for goal but brings absolutely nothing else to our team, although this may be because he was played out of position. I always thought he was weak and gave the ball away cheaply.

+1 - would troll again

:p

Depends what you are looking for in a player and what market you are operating in.

Sammon, for all of his faults, is good for pressuring defenders and he did pop up with a few late winners early on in our decent run.

Bamford has an eye for goal but brings absolutely nothing else to our team, although this may be because he was played out of position. I always thought he was weak and gave the ball away cheaply.

I can totally understand why you're saying about Sammon and Bamford.

But we didn't pay 1.2 million to do just that. Paid that because he was our main striker at the time.

Regards Bamford, agree lazy and at times periphal to the game. But no one said Gary Lieneker was all running and chasing. He was bang lazy but scored plenty.

Depends what type of player you're after up top I suppose. Horses for courses and all that jazz.

He had such a great game early on when we spanked Watford 5-1, bursting through their defence and scoring. After that game I thought we were onto something. I think it is this game that made me have so much time for him because you saw what he was capable of.

He had such a great game early on when we spanked Watford 5-1, bursting through their defence and scoring. After that game I thought we were onto something. I think it is this game that made me have so much time for him because you saw what he was capable of.

I clutched on to that straw for a long time too. The bloke played out of his skin that day, but the whole team did...he's put in a lot of horrid performances since and he's done nothing to suggest to me he was worth the alleged figure, or even half of it.

He was a diabolical signing.

His goal gave me hope, excellent finish under pressure. I'm not sure we've seen a goal like that since from him...

I clutched on to that straw for a long time too. The bloke played out of his skin that day, but the whole team did...he's put in a lot of horrid performances since and he's done nothing to suggest to me he was worth the alleged figure, or even half of it.

He was a diabolical signing.

You're not wrong I just really wanted it to work ha. He'll do a job in this division but we've moved up a gear and he's been left behind, just as theo was last summer.

Steady players but not top end if champs standard

His goal gave me hope, excellent finish under pressure. I'm not sure we've seen a goal like that since from him...

Possibly Watford away this season as it was a late winner, though he'd just missed a similar one on one a few minutes earlier so he'd done enough to be moaned at even with the goal haha

Possibly Watford away this season as it was a late winner, though he'd just missed a similar one on one a few minutes earlier so he'd done enough to be moaned at even with the goal haha

I wouldn't say the Watford away goal this season was as good a finish because it looked as though he just swung a leg at it and then ''toe-poked'' it            :lol:

Archived