Conor Sammon

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine what it would be like for Wayne Rooney to get hair :ph34r:

Only rooney would have a hair transplant, then shave it off!

Could've saved 5k and bought a can of spray on hair, a la pheonix nights!

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/p180/Library/SF183/170046

Sammon with hair.

On another note, how on earth do we get him off the wage bill? The guy is on crazy wages so I've heard, nobody other than Clough seems to rate him. There was talk Hull wanted him last summer, but heard sod all since barring the odd loan rumour to Sheffield.

He's here to stay, unfortunately

http://www.sportsfile.com/winshare/p180/Library/SF183/170046

Sammon with hair.

On another note, how on earth do we get him off the wage bill? The guy is on crazy wages so I've heard, nobody other than Clough seems to rate him. There was talk Hull wanted him last summer, but heard sod all since barring the odd loan rumour to Sheffield.

He's here to stay, unfortunately

I can't believe any Championship side would want him... and no League 1 club could afford his wages!

I'd suggest we try and loan him out to a League One club where they pay about 50% of the wages. It's not ideal at all but at least then we're only paying half of the 11grand a week or whatever it is. Or we could try and sell him to Celtic given his record in Scotland?

I don't know why a Clough thought Sammon's price should double after 1 goal in 32 for Wigan. I'm not having a go at the guy, overall I thought his management of finances was good but signing the fish for that kind of money was a howler.

Whilst we are contracted to Sammon, we should utilise him.

He has it in him to cause problems and create chances, albeit indirectly.

When we need to either shake it up or give teams an alternative set of problems, his athleticism can do that.

I remember against Peterborough the season before last he absolutely ripped them to shreds. Their chairman tweeted that they had to wait for their centre back to be released from Sammon's pocket before they could go home...

That said, if an opportunity to unload came up, we should, as he is too expensive for the amount he is used.

IIRC Owen Bradley or someone similar said the deal was £1.2m only if we went up and stayed up, I think it was £400k to get him then £400k for each of those events happening.

Really hope not. I was there when Sam Rush said that Sammon had cost us over £2m that year. If we only shelled out £400k to wigan. and maybe £200k for agent and signing on fee it puts him on over 20k per week...and we're stuck with him for another two years.

Really hope not. I was there when Sam Rush said that Sammon had cost us over £2m that year. If we only shelled out £400k to wigan. and maybe £200k for agent and signing on fee it puts him on over 20k per week...and we're stuck with him for another two years.

Unless he included the wages over his entire contract.

Archived