Chris Eagles and Keith Andrews.

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was sold permanently in January I believe

Yes.......i just meant to indicate that it might be debatable to sell a promising 22 year old wide midfielder, and then subsequently sign a 28 year old on high wages who will want a signing on fee.

But we'll see.

Its not happened yet.

Must we always sell to buy?

I think it was that he wasn't particularly looking to go on a buying spree in January (and he wasn't going to get the financial backing for one), having done a lot of loan business. However, he wanted to get the Dawkins deal wrapped up and saw the opportunity when Wolves showed interest in Jacobs. Ordinarily, the plan for January was for him to work with the squad he had and any loans he could get.

I think there will be a few more straight up buys in the summer. Not big, big money, but decent backing for him to build his squad, and we shouldn't NEED to sell to do it (I hope).

Is it just me that had never heard of Wisdom, Bamford, Dawkins, Russell or Thorne before we signed them? Probably! But I have heard of Eagles!!!

Wisdom - Liverpool first-team, I knew a lot about him. England U21 captain.

Dawkins - I knew about, but never actually watched. He was more of an anecdote,  I mean, how many players stay at a top 6 Premier League side until they're 26 without playing an actual game? It's mental.

Russell - He was the biggest thing in Scotland, you saw the media attention he got. He was renowned up there as the best Celtic didn't have.

Bamford - Of course, I had seen him play for the Chelsea NextGen side, wasn't massively impressed. Looked awkward in all honesty. He had a good partnership with Piazon, who along with Ibe, is the best i've seen since watching 'NextGen' football.

The ones in the team I genuinely didn't know anything about before we signed: Craig Forsyth, even though he had played a bit for Watford, I had no idea who or what he was. James Bailey, before we signed him I had no clue. Just seemed to grab on the coat-tails of the Brayford deal. Valentin Gjokaj, I'm pretty sure no-one knew him though. Hoganson, same as Gjokaj and that Kelle Roos.

only just heard about jacobs being sold on a perm...puzzling to say the least, worst bit of business Mac has done for me just so he could fulfil his dream of buying dawkins (thats not me criticising the signing of dawkins by any means btw)

Well if that's not criticism then dunno what is!

only just heard about jacobs being sold on a perm...puzzling to say the least, worst bit of business Mac has done for me just so he could fulfil his dream of buying dawkins (thats not me criticising the signing of dawkins by any means btw)

same here. Thought he was on loan

Dawkins is ok on the pitch and can shift the ball-------------- BUT-------------he's no use in the treatment room.  

Why did SM think things would be different under his management ??

Yeah. BMO.

Archived