Chris Eagles and Keith Andrews.

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Championship:

Andrews  - yep. Straight swap to Eustace.

Eagles - yes please!

In PL:

Andrews - nope

Eagles - maybe

There could be issues with wages though. Bolton payed (especially Allardyce) well in PL and they are still having those contracts.

Not sure of the benefit of signing a 33 year old defensive midfielder. We are looking to progress.

Eagles would be a good player in the Championship.

George Thorne with a series of games could be superb. Might be the secret weapon we need to push on to the end.

gonna say this

personally i would love to see us snap up eagles, i think hes superb and under mclaren and with our training facilities he'll most likely perform, however hell demand big wages, and thats not were about

keith andrews, a straight no for me, personally i think eustace is one of our best players and theres no need to replace him atm, but if it comes to it next season where we need someone as he cant play all games, i cant see any point in signing a player ive barely heard of and isnt exactly in the prime of his youth, for me if thorne plays as well as he did yesterday we should look for him for another season on loan and hendrick is starting to look a good player atm

Happy to support whoever McClaren thinks fit to bring in. If he wanted to put a skateboarding badger in the defensive midfield position, I would trust that it would be for the enhanced mobility it would afford.

Eagles would be a good signing regardless of what division for me. Don't look at the records, especially when taking into account just goals and appearances..etc

For raw ability, I would back him to be one of our best players, if not our best.

A truly fantastic footballer, one I still rank with the best in the league.

Whatever is happening at Bolton makes no difference, it's their dire management choice that doesn't affect his ability in anyway. A loan with a view to permanent would be absolutely ace for me.

Also, absolutely not to Andrews. Bog standard.

I hate it when we play against Eagles. He's fast, he's smart and he's tricky. Even if he's no good for us at least we won't have to play the little *****.

Much rather this than Chris Burke. Burke for Cardiff was a better player than the one we were hoping for. Eagles is better than both imo.

We've got Skateboarding Badger on the wing, on the wing.

Skateboard, Skateboarding Badger,

Skateboarding Badger on the wing,

Skateboard, Skateboarding Badger,

Skateboarding Badger on the wing.

I hate it when we play against Eagles. He's fast, he's smart and he's tricky. Even if he's no good for us at least we won't have to play the little *****.

Much rather this than Chris Burke. Burke for Cardiff was a better player than the one we were hoping for. Eagles is better than both imo.

That about sums up how I used to feel about Robert Snodgrass when he was at Leeds!

But back to Eagles and Andrews, I'd rather have Chris Burke than Eagles if I had a choice but Eagles is a good player no doubt. In terms of Andrews he's too old, I'd rather have a younger CDM...

Personally think Eagles flatters to deceive - one week looks brilliant, the next is anonymous. Also don't think he suits our style - doesn't have the pace so he's better in the middle and I can't see where he'd fit in.

Next season, whichever division, at the very least we will need a right back, another centre back and a defensive midfielder.

Personally think Eagles flatters to deceive - one week looks brilliant, the next is anonymous. Also don't think he suits our style - doesn't have the pace so he's better in the middle and I can't see where he'd fit in.

Next season, whichever division, at the very least we will need a right back, another centre back and a defensive midfielder.

Shouldn't that be flutters to deceive?

No, maybe another loan though. Just before we signed him on loan he signed a 3 year contract.

Yes. West Brom are all over the place at the moment. That 3 year contract means nothing especially in regards to a player out on loan under the current and on going circumstances. 

Chris Eagles would be a great addition. My concern is the amount of players we have got in those positions. 100% want Bamford back on loan for a season. Mason will be back here and Coutts will have returned from injury. On top of Ward, Dawkins and Russell. 

We can't have 7 players fighting for two positions.  

Archived