Chris Eagles and Keith Andrews.

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keith andrews, a straight no for me, personally i think eustace is one of our best players and theres no need to replace him atm, but if it comes to it next season where we need someone as he cant play all games, i cant see any point in signing a player ive barely heard of and isnt exactly in the prime of his youth, for me if thorne plays as well as he did yesterday we should look for him for another season on loan and hendrick is starting to look a good player atm

So a player is only any good if you've heard of him? What kind of logic is that!? Anyway it's not like Keith Andrews is some foreign/lower league nobody.

Boss is a Bolton fan said Andrews is a good player and would be good for derby on the other hand said eagles is ***** and performs ok one week poor the next

I wouldn't want Eagles, on his day can be superb, but most matches i've seen him in he has been disappointing. Wouldn't be bad if we didn't go up and needed another winger for competition, Eagles, Ward, Dawkins and Russell looks very nice on paper, but I would be disappointed if we got him if we went up or to replace our current wingers, who I think are all better than him. Andrews would be a very good signing I think if we stay down, he's a better Eustace by all accounts and quite underrated I think by most people in this thread. Didn't realise he was 33 though which puts me off a bit. Although I've only seen one game of him, I think Thorne on loan again next year would be better with Eustace as back up. 

Today's DT  -   both DCFC and Bolton saying there has been no contact.   SM seems to be judging the squad/injury situation in terms of our healthy points cushion. He needs to look beyond that to the immense importance of the extra 2/3 games. At best Dawkins, Ward and Hughes are always likely to be unavailable . Groins and hamstrings are constant dangerous niggles needing careful management and rest.  It would be a downright shame to spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar.  Financially there is so much to gain /lose.

I wondered what the attraction was with Eagles.....

And then i read 'out of contract at the end of the season'.

Yes. We'll be in for him come july / august.

I wondered what the attraction was with Eagles.....

And then i read 'out of contract at the end of the season'.

Yes. We'll be in for him come july / august.

If so, then is it not better to buy yourself a bit of insurance and get him now? I imagine whoever he goes to on loan will be with a view to a permanent?

If so, then is it not better to buy yourself a bit of insurance and get him now? I imagine whoever he goes to on loan will be with a view to a permanent?

Why not keep jacobs ?

At 22 and on much lower wages, he has a lot more football left in him.

Archived