Chris Eagles and Keith Andrews.

North_Stand_Ram

If/when were in the playoffs and we'll be playing a strong team like QPR/Wigan/Brighton or Reading we need as many match winners as possible.

Eagles has ability and is a match winner. Also offers genuine quality on set pieces so no brainer for me. You can have to many quality players

This is where we are seriously lacking. Bucko and Keogh can be dangerous in the oppositions area and we don't take advantage of it. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad's calle Keith, we need more Keith's to make him feel better about his name.

An episode of Family Guy declared Keith to be the most boring name ever. He's never felt goo about it since.

So for that reason only, Keith Andrews, yes.

Something wrong with your 'D' button? lolz

If Eagles was Prem class, he's be playing in the Prem for one of the recently promoted sides.

No thanks to both. Although I may be in the minority here who'd value Andrews consistent performances over the 1 in 10 good games from Eagles.

If/when were in the playoffs and we'll be playing a strong team like QPR/Wigan/Brighton or Reading we need as many match winners as possible.

Eagles has ability and is a match winner. Also offers genuine quality on set pieces so no brainer for me. You can never have too many quality players

This is where we are seriously lacking. Bucko and Keogh can be dangerous in the oppositions area and we don't take advantage of it. 

Have you not noticed that set-piece goals are becoming rarer in football at all levels? The new footballs make it hard for all teams to create from dead balls.

As a Burnley fan, though not seeing Eagles play for a few seasons now since he left for Bolton, when he was with us he was a cut above all we had, and even in the Premier League he showed his quality. Not sure if there is an attitude problem, a lot of people said he was "too big" for us, even though he shunned a move to Rangers (who were in the SPL at the time and for big wages) to sign an extended deal with us, though maybe he was told of Rangers upcoming demise. Good player. I'd have him back at Turf Moor. 

Just not sure there would be any other reason he can't get in the Bolton team other than an attitude issue, unless he's had injuries?

Looked a really good player in past years but gone a bit quiet recently so I'll reserve judgement for now, Mac knows best ;)

Bolton struggling with debt and he is on a a fair whack and decent bonuses also.

Eagles yes. Andrews maybe, although I do think Andrews looks good mid table sides.

With Eagles and if we did sign him, I think a bit of good man management would make him into a very consistent performer. If we were in the championship next season and he was here and in good nick, you could get a McCormack kind of season out of him. Ross had flattered to deceive until this season. Maybe worth a punt for the season on Mr Eagles?

The Hotel California is a 45min drive from me. I will go and check it out

You can check out any time you like - but you can never leave.

Archived