Its now James Bailey vs George Thorne

ChaddesdenRam

Paul Simpson rams player interview:

"James Bailey has done really well since we have been in the club

He came on against Chelsea only for a few minutes but he deserved that chance

It may open the door for James Bailey and everybody has forgotten about him

Maybe something might go for James Bailey this weekend as well"

He then gave a little smile after finishing his sentence. 

Interesting.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy for Bailey to play if the management team think he is up for it.

However, it makes me wonder why they bothered bringing Thorne in in the first place if he is 3rd/4th best for that position (Eustace - Hendrick - Bailey - Thorne). Granted they won't have known the full extent of his capability until he had trained for a couple of weeks, but, it just smacks of a waste of money to me...

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the summer with Evans behind the wheel, I wonder how much influence McClaren has over the exact player or whether he just picks a position he wants...

Could we see Thorne, Bryson, Bailey, if Hughes is out?? Maybe too many changes.

Bryson and Hendrick doesn't work that well for me as they clash a bit. However could Bailey be a ready made replacement for Hughes (although not as good), if he's out?

I think some of this is too keep the dwarf guessing on our line up.

It's going to be a massive game for whichever one of them gets the nod, neither them of them have played a first team game for ages and the pace of an East MIdlands derby isn't exactly slow.

When you consider just how big a game this one is, it was gutting to see Will go off so early on Saturday, but then the biggest disappointment for me was Eustace getting a booking,

I've got mixed feelings on who replaces him, I hope Bailey his chance, I'd love to see him get his career back on track, but then if  Thorne  doesn't play now when will he ever play and if he's not playing, what on earth is he doing here?

We've picked a bad time to have Hughes and Bryson both carrying knocks, I can't see Steve risking Will on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lined up  slightly defensively in a 4 -2 -3 -1 with BOTH Thorne and Bailey in holding roles.

A point wouldn't be the end of the world. There's no need to be going all gung ho.

There's no point in anything. The form book, the tactics, temperament, it all goes out of the window.

Whoever lets the occasion get to them the least will win. As ever.

I'm a footballing nihilist when it comes to this fixture. 

Until Bryson and Martin truly kicked on this season, for me Bailey was a great signing, and for me Clough's best find. Such a shame injuries have hampered him, but I think he's a good player. Don't be surprised if Sheff United come in for him for their promotion push next season.

It's going to be a massive game for whichever one of them gets the nod, neither them of them have played a first team game for ages and the pace of an East MIdlands derby isn't exactly slow.

When you consider just how big a game this one is, it was gutting to see Will go off so early on Saturday, but then the biggest disappointment for me was Eustace getting a booking,

I've got mixed feelings on who replaces him, I hope Bailey his chance, I'd love to see him get his career back on track, but then if Thorne doesn't play now when will he ever play and if he's not playing, what on earth is he doing here?

We've picked a bad time to have Hughes and Bryson both carrying knocks, I can't see Steve risking Will on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lined up slightly defensively in a 4 -2 -3 -1 with BOTH Thorne and Bailey in holding roles.

A point wouldn't be the end of the world. There's no need to be going all gung ho.

I think the point of Thorne being here is that he is an option, if he wasn't then I sure people would be banging on about us not having enough covering options.

I think someone made a good point in another thread about the young defender moving to Alfreton being good cheap cover, I would guess the same could be said here.....

I think the point of Thorne being here is that he is an option, if he wasn't then I sure people would be banging on about us not having enough covering options.

I think someone made a good point in another thread about the young defender moving to Alfreton being good cheap cover, I would guess the same could be said here.....

Fair enough if thats what you think.

I'd happily lose 5-0 on Saturday if it meant we win all games for the remainder of the season.

I'm happy for Forest fans to laugh at us from a lower league. Like before...

"Worst team in history"

Yeah, v Chelsea. Not Gillingham

Neither Thorne nor Bailey can possibly be 100% match fit as neither has played a full first team game in living memory.

On that basis, one will start and the other will finish is my bet

Interesting point, though adrenaline can get you through one game, a little like Cisse earlier in the season. Of course Eustace is suspended for two. Seemed odd not to bring Thorne off the bench last weekend to have a look, once Eustace was carded. And give him half an hour for the fitness side of things.

Archived