Its now James Bailey vs George Thorne

ChaddesdenRam

Interesting point, though adrenaline can get you through one game, a little like Cisse earlier in the season. Of course Eustace is suspended for two. Seemed odd not to bring Thorne off the bench last weekend to have a look, once Eustace was carded. And give him half an hour for the fitness side of things.

Surely if the manager believes eustace is a better option which it looks like, you just play the match out with your best team. I wouldn't be happy if we had lost at reading as he wanted to "have a look" at Thorne. It's not like we had a 3 goal lead, it was a tight match with one of our rivals

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting point, though adrenaline can get you through one game, a little like Cisse earlier in the season. Of course Eustace is suspended for two. Seemed odd not to bring Thorne off the bench last weekend to have a look, once Eustace was carded. And give him half an hour for the fitness side of things.

Eustace got booked in the 90th minute

After Clough froze him out for so long? Really can't see that one happening at all

But he was also trying to sell him for ages. So now he's at a different club, he can buy all these players he was trying to sell, therefore proving that they were all sellable.

In theory, he could but them all for £5m each. Then as to his record that he brought through 2 or 3 players while at derby that were eventually sold for millions. Clever.

After Clough froze him out for so long? Really can't see that one happening at all

But he was also trying to sell him for ages. So now he's at a different club, he can buy all these players he was trying to sell, therefore proving that they were all sellable.

In theory, he could but them all for £5m each. Then as to his record that he brought through 2 or 3 players while at derby that were eventually sold for millions. Clever.

It's going to be a massive game for whichever one of them gets the nod, neither them of them have played a first team game for ages and the pace of an East MIdlands derby isn't exactly slow.

When you consider just how big a game this one is, it was gutting to see Will go off so early on Saturday, but then the biggest disappointment for me was Eustace getting a booking,

I've got mixed feelings on who replaces him, I hope Bailey his chance, I'd love to see him get his career back on track, but then if  Thorne  doesn't play now when will he ever play and if he's not playing, what on earth is he doing here?

We've picked a bad time to have Hughes and Bryson both carrying knocks, I can't see Steve risking Will on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lined up  slightly defensively in a 4 -2 -3 -1 with BOTH Thorne and Bailey in holding roles.

A point wouldn't be the end of the world. There's no need to be going all gung ho.

I think 2 holding cedes too much initiative,Ronnie,especially in a home game.Not sure playing one holding would indicate a gung ho approach.I'd like to see Thorne start because of his physicality in a rough and tumble 'derby',especially as he can apparently play a bit as well.

Not sure about the point either,if other results go against us,as 'that' gap might become uncomfortably narrow.We need to get back to winning ways sooner rather than later.

Archived