Michael Hoganson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's all a bit doom and gloom about him. could just be a few months in a full team could be the next step of his training. Similar to Bennett. It's a logical step in anyone's training to go out on loan. And we seem to send people out on loan to local clubs, by and large, so the qaulity is probably as much down to the quality of clubs in the area with an opening.

I know when we sent people out on loan under Clough, they were normally very unlikely to ever come back, but I beleive that Mac believes in taking youngsters from better clubs to help us and help them develop, and in turn, pass on our youngsters to lesser clubs to help them develop.

I dohn't know, perhaps this is him on his way out. Or perhaps he'll come back next season with some real competitive experience and be that much further on with his development. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll walk onto the subs bench, but he might fetch a bit more on the market, at the very least.

Looked steady in a few meaningless games for a mid-table Championship side playing other mid-table Championship sides, but that's about it. When you see Forsyth playing well, there's absolutely no competition whatsoever. I think we've forgotten what a decent LB is supposed to look like.

Tom Naylor didn't look too bad in his spell of league games either, but would you have him back in the first team?

Most of the time, players don't make it for a very good reason - namely that they're not good enough.

I don't see why everybody was buzzing about him after the Wolves game. The shape of the back four that game sticks out in my mind. Hoganson's default position was 5 or so yards further forward than where Roberts and then Forsyth played during that season. The other three defenders then shifted over the left; Brayford was tucked inside, Keogh played right in the centre and Buxton was constantly covering Hoganson.

That for me was enough to confirm that he wasn't great defensively (although I suppose you could argue that it was Clough being over cautious and organising the back four like that because of his lack of ********). Perhaps he'd improve under McClaren given the chance and but I don't know, I'd be more than happy to see him given the chance.

I think Mac is trying to get a few of the younger lads out on loan before the end of the season to give the experience and see if they can step it up next season. 

Whether Hoganson can make the step up to top half champ is debatable. He looks o.k but I think he's one of those players who could probably do with stepping down a division getting regular games for a season or two and progressing from there. 

Played well against Sheff U U21s and scored a good goal the other day.

Alfreton have a good lad on loan and good luck to him tonight against Tamworth

http://www.alfretontownfc.com/news/REDS-BRING-IN-RAMS-DEFENDER-ON-LOAN-2336.htm?

It would be nice to see another local side break into the Football League. They really are going great guns at the moment, although having 3 points deducted for fielding an unregistered player will hurt.

It would be nice to see another local side break into the Football League. They really are going great guns at the moment, although having 3 points deducted for fielding an unregistered player will hurt.

I can't believe they're doing well. It seems on Radio Derby like they lose 2-0 and get a player sent off every week with their manager having to apologise for a poor performance. Yet they're doing well?

Good Luck to the lad at Alfreton, it'll get him competitive games and I'm sure he'll be buzzing.

After watching the pre-season friendlies he layed in, I was a little bit surprised when he got his deal with us. Then was really pleased with him when he did get his chance. He didn't let anybody down that's for sure. Seems like a nice postiive lad as well.

Don't think he's good enough to play Championship footbal though, think he was decent cheap cover who did a very good job when asked. I hope he does well and gets himself fixed up with a league club in the summer.

I can't believe they're doing well. It seems on Radio Derby like they lose 2-0 and get a player sent off every week with their manager having to apologise for a poor performance. Yet they're doing well?

Very few draws. 20 wins though.

I hope they relegated. Tin pot club run by knobs. They can't even put a piece of paper in a fax the right way round.

I hope they relegated. Tin pot club run by knobs. They can't even put a piece of paper in a fax the right way round.

The Forest thread's thataway - - - - - - - - ->

Think he'll rise up like Ben Pringle has. Needs to be playing on the wing though, not left back.

In hindsight he should have joined Northampton, they wanted him as a midfielder but came here as a defender - chose a bigger club over his preferred position.

He has the ability and technique to have a good career in the football league.

Archived