Derby County v Millwall

sage

last time we had those 3 in midfield - we got done by fester.

similar today.

some strange decisions by SM today imo. bamford 90 mins? dawkins off? starting line up?

(and come on own up - who used all of their free texts so that the fish got MoM?!)

sure the ref was a bellend but we did not work their GK - apart from some fairly straight forward catching of crosses.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisdom frustrates me.

He has ability but will not press forward if he can avoid doing so.

Therefore we offer little or no threat down the right.

Personally i'm not bothered about us dropping eustace.

Bryson was popping up on either flank but was poor and has been for a while.

Wardy improved it.

But frankly.....we look short of the required quality.

We are nowhere near PL quality.

We would get hammered every week if we were promoted.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride but the thought of us getting promoted fills me with dread.

(My default position is that I want us to win every game and if we do that we will go up.)

Agree that McClaren got it wrong today.  A few points (some raised by others)

• Formation didn't work - Hughes far too deep to be effective
  • Send Thorne back rather than pay his wages if we're not going to use him
  • Hendrick hasn't improved much in the last couple of years, and now just looks ordinary at best.
  • Sammon reminded us why he's not good enough
  • There was absolutely no urgency until Millwall scored. We looked like we thought we had to turn up to win in the 1st half

Generally, that's been coming. We can't keep relying on 2nd half performances to win games; sometimes you need to kill a game early. I think I read that we've only scored one goal in the 1st half in 2014 so far. Is that true?

sure the ref was a bellend

I didn't think the ref was too bad to be honest. A player goes down and the ball goes out of play, there's not a lot he can do about it. He has to stop the play and let him be seen to unfortunately.

He added plenty of time on for their time wasting and even marched a couple of their players off the pitch when they'd been rolling around on the floor.

Only quibble I'd have would be that he had a word with Forde about his time wasting in the middle of the first half but it took him until the end of the match to actually book him.

And how the linesman didn't see Malone roll back onto the pitch and continue his writhing around is beyond me

Ref was good IMO.

Can't blame him for the stoppages in play, added on the appropriate amount of time and was willing to let fair physical contact be a part of ther game.

Really? I think you might be in a minority there.

Of course it's your opinion - it's just wrong  ;)

I thought the ref was OK... maybe we had a couple of decisions go our way, but I had to giggle when he kept marching their players off the pitch.  :lol:

Easy to slate the lads after losing, and makes it worse when we lose to a poor side... but this always happens with teams at the bottom.

I mean, who would have thought Barnsley would beat Forest!  :ph34r:

I don't think ref was bad either. Talking about the ref doesn't change the fact that we wouldn't have won today whoever he was.

Poor, ponderous performance, no quality in the final 3rd, and a daft foul for the free kick for their goal, followed by naff defending from Bamford, Grant and whoever's man it was that scored.

We are suddenly looking for the easy, backwards or sideways pass far too often.

I don't think ref was bad either. Talking about the ref doesn't change the fact that we wouldn't have won today whoever he was.

Poor, ponderous performance, no quality in the final 3rd, and a daft foul for the free kick for their goal, followed by naff defending from Bamford, Grant and whoever's man it was that scored.

We are suddenly looking for the easy, backwards or sideways pass far too often.

We look like we're looking for someone else to make something happen. Russell looks bereft of confidence and too many others were looking to unload the ball far too quickly.

Perhaps the pressure is becoming a little too much for some of them  to take.

In all fairness we are still doing better than i expected 10 games in so I'll take it as it comes,

Really? I think you might be in a minority there.

Of course it's your opinion - it's just wrong  ;)

It's not up to the referee to decide whether a player is faking an injury or not. As said by HeyHudson above, once the ball has gone out of play he can't stop the physios coming on, he can't MAKE players get up off the floor.

The stop-start nature of the game had nothing to do with him, he didn't wrongly book anyone, he didn't have any major decisions to give either way and I thought it utterly ridiculous when Milwall fans were protesting that they always get ***** refs. They don't have a bloody clue what a ***** ref is.

*****, the lot of them. No complaints about the time wasting, I'd want us to do exactly the same if we were in their position. Best team won. Poo.

They started time wasting after 45 seconds - you'd be happy with us doing that? It was quite frankly embarrassing, and the ref did nothing to stop it. He added nowhere near enough time in the first half (he added a minute, despite spending longer than that talking to forde for wasting time). He could easily have added 15 minutes in the second half as well. The trainer must have been on 10+ times, at over a minute each, never mind the subs and forde dawdling over goal kicks etc

And he capped off a piss poor performance by giving a free kick for the 'foul' on forde where he spilled the ball, and feigned injury despite the derby player not getting within a foot of him. And not making the decision until he saw that forde was 'injured' was pathetic.

v Bolton...               

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Thorne

Bryson        Hughes

Ward         Martin           Dawkins

Archived