Derby County v Millwall

sage

I've got a bad feeling about this. Especially if we try and go like for like with Sammon attempting to play the Martin role but without the vital technical ability. Had he scored on Saturday, I wouldn't be worried. But his confidence is low and he's trying far too hard and lacking the composure.

I can see us losing 0-1.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a bad feeling about this. Especially if we try and go like for like with Sammon attempting to play the Martin role but without the vital technical ability. Had he scored on Saturday, I wouldn't be worried. But his confidence is low and he's trying far too hard and lacking the composure.

I can see us losing 0-1.

Bookmarked.

Derby 3 Millwall 1

Sammon FGS

did you not realise that I predicted bad results every week?  :lol:

I did last year - I found it depressing to finish in second place in the JA606 prediction league

Right, with all the tak of who starts up front I think there's another issue being ignored.

John Eustace has had a positive impact this season but has been worrying me for a while, struggling to keep up and get involved.

It's been blamed on teams bypassing midfield but I don't really buy that. I've backed him but I think we've been carrying him.

You'd think with more midfielders on the pitch we'd be controlling midfield but recently our best play has been where we're going for it, often with less midfielders.

I really do think it's time Thorne was given a go, against Millwall I see him having the same effect as Cisse's one start against Sheffield Weds. Eustace needs a rest and surely Thorne has trained and watched long enough now to get a chance.

Right, with all the tak of who starts up front I think there's another issue being ignored.

John Eustace has had a positive impact this season but has been worrying me for a while, struggling to keep up and get involved.

It's been blamed on teams bypassing midfield but I don't really buy that. I've backed him but I think we've been carrying him.

You'd think with more midfielders on the pitch we'd be controlling midfield but recently our best play has been where we're going for it, often with less midfielders.

I really do think it's time Thorne was given a go, against Millwall I see him having the same effect as Cisse's one start against Sheffield Weds. Eustace needs a rest and surely Thorne has trained and watched long enough now to get a chance.

I agree about Eustace. He does seem to have been a bystander in a few games lately and I'm sure he could do with a rest.

Thorne scored for the U21s the other day as well, so his confidence should have got a boost.

Millwall's defence is dreadful so 4-1. FGS...Hughes.

My only concern is that relegation candidates are now desperate for points.

Millwall have spent a lot this season but and their owner expected them to be challenging for the play-offs.

Archived