Derby County v Millwall

sage

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could tell how desperate it got when Keogh went up front for the last ten minutes leaving 3 at the back. Fair play for a **** or bust tactic but why the feck couldn't we just pull the trigger... Forsyth put himself in a great position to just bang it... we just looked nervous.

Oh... iPro was silent first half... Those 500 Millwall fans or so made it known!

Poor poor performance. Midfield didn't click. Schteeve has work to do before Tuesday. Dawkins poor first touch and delivery, not for me. Bamford not a wide player but you sense he has to play. Ward and Russell in please and let's get cloughies side out !

Well, I said it in another thread. There may be a slip up or two against lower league sides yet to come, but we've done enough to show this is nothing but a slip up. We don't really have anything to prove there.

Assuming that automatic is and always has been a bit of a dream (still possible, so never say never, but unlikely) the really important games are against Reading and Forest. If we can win them then well have beaten all of our play off rivals once. Then we will have proved something (not to mention done enough to secure our play off place).

Got a feeling this is going to be one of those games! They'll just sit back & make things awkward!

Yep, one of those games.

Hopefully this will be a kick up the backside that they need. We got some tough fixtures coming up & we can't go into the game thinking we've already own, which was the problem yesterday I think.

Anybody hear what what said by the Derby fans who were having a go at Holloway after the game? Couldn't hear because radio Derby kept talking & apologising for language in the back ground! Sounded like Holloway was giving it back though, naturally!

how they can call themselves proffessional footballers is beyond me!

IF Derby players acted like that we would be whinging about them!!

If the ref actually did his job properly and booked the keeper in the first 15 mins for timewasting (which he was) then it would of changed the whole game,

Bad team selection.

Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick can't play as a three. We've seen it countless times and it's never worked. Hendrick and Bryson take each other's space.

The build up play has to avoid Sammon, more often than not. He doesn't come short and make himself available, and when he does his touch is woeful. Cannot play in this system.

The decision to sub Dawkins was baffling at very best. Easily the most threatening player on the pitch.

What makes this result all the worst is that we still deserved to win it and Millwall were easily the worst team I've seen all season. Truly shocking team.

Bad team selection. Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick can't play as a three. We've seen it countless times and it's never worked. Hendrick and Bryson take each other's space. The build up play has to avoid Sammon, more often than not. He doesn't come short and make himself available, and when he does his touch is woeful. Cannot play in this system. The decision to sub Dawkins was baffling at very best. Easily the most threatening player on the pitch. What makes this result all the worst is that we still deserved to win it and Millwall were easily the worst team I've seen all season. Truly shocking team.

Totally agree thought Wednesday were the worst team to come but wow Milwall couldn't even put a pass together totally shocking! Dawkins never should of been brought off ! Bamford should have I guess they thought he might score a worldie

Lets not get too down on this result. We are doing far better than anyone expected at this point of the season and that is down to McLaren. Lets not slate him for his poor selection today because he's been getting it right from the beginning and we're sat in third! It's 90% a team he inherited, think what we can do once he makes some changed in the summer. Next season autos will be the aim if we don't go up.

Teams are going to come and try dirty tactics but if we can't put the ball in the net in 90 minutes then we only have ourselves to blame.

Bamford at the start of his Derby career did nothing all game, but then popped up with a goal. The goals are not coming now so he needs to be dropped.

Hendrick offers nothing either, I can't remember him doing anything yesterday.

I'd be inclined to drop Wisdom as he is suspect defensively and offers nothing going forward but there is no one to bring in for him so we don't have a choice.

I think for Tuesday we need to bring in Eustace, Martin and Ward, for Hendrick, Sammon and Bamford. Bolton and Leeds are the most inconsistent teams in this division so I wouldn't worry about their result today.

Really pissed off with yesterday, again it's back to the days of not being able to step up for a game we should win comfortably.

Just hope Steve doesn't go losing 3 in a week.

Otherwise Sam might be on the verge of starting another review of coaching, recruitment and relationships.

We've lost our goal scoring threat that we had when steve first joined. For me i feel Bamford doesn't seem to care about putting a shift in to help the team. Something you can guarantee from Russell or Ward. Also if Eustace is struggling with fitness why put an attacking midfielder in the holding role when we have got someone who joined with a decent reputation on the bench who hasn't been given a chance yet.

Where exactly was Wisdom for their goal? It's alright and true to say the midfield needs to cover but when your actual right back isn't even bothering to make an appearance there...,

Exactly.. At set pieces you're obviously going to have him marking a big lad, it was Bamford who wasn't alert to the quick free kick

PistoldPete2

Dunno what Mac says he got wrong with team selection.

We played 3 in midfield with no holding player. But we had 64% of the possession, so problem wasnt winning  the ball .

Problem was in final third. We missed Martin very badly, Sammon and Bamford just impact players. We needed Martin to hold the ball up and his flicks and tricks to keep others moving. Very lethargic yesterday, and never really looked like scoring.

also maybe Hughes needs to be further upfield.

But what can you do when nearly every player has a mare?

Maybe Mac needs to look again in the summer at striker options. Also someone who can cross would help.

Someone who can cross or a single player with more than 5 headed goals to his name.

Crossing yesterday was pointless, nobody would have scored even if you had Beckham whipping them in

Thinking about it have we scored a header from a cross at home at all ?

Thinking about it have we scored a header from a cross at home at all ?

this.

first priority in summer for me is someone who can deliver a ball...and prob convert pk's. can never get excited when we get a corner.

Archived