Forget 'before you die': What current TV Shows are you enjoying right now?

May Contain Nuts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found that Peaky Blinders (BBC2) had been recorded from a while back. Watched the first two episodes - very good. There's been no real twists or violence yet but it is very atmospheric. Cillian Murphy (Scarecrow in Batman Begins) plays the lead role and is doing a good job so far.

House of Cards is well worth a watch.

Kevin Spacey plays a member of the US Congress.

It's up there with the very best dramas and IMDB rates it as a 9.0 so in the top handful.

Is that another - British tv programme and idea that America has stolen. Like the Office?

I liked the uk one based on the book.

• 1 month later...

I had a 24 Live Another Day double bill last night, I'm loving it.

The question I'd like to ask people is do they notice a difference in sound quality/levels with certain programmes lately ?

Yeah yeah I'm rapidly approaching "old fartdom" but for instance, the Mrs has got Corrie on now (hence me being on here) but I can here it clear as a bell at the normal level we have the sound on.

24 and The Americans which I'm also enjoying I definately have trouble hearing at times...anybody else ?

For 24 I thought I heard them advertise as a 12 episode special series, but after the first one was 2h they have all been 1h so how are they going to catch up to 24h?? Not OCD or anything but need to know!!

For 24 I thought I heard them advertise as a 12 episode special series, but after the first one was 2h they have all been 1h so how are they going to catch up to 24h?? Not OCD or anything but need to know!!

I was wondering the same. It not being on real time is a bit disconcerting. I'm so used to it being in real time, I'm finding myself what their getting up to while I'm not looking.

Maybe Jack will find himself locked on a box for 6 hrs later, and they'll just skip over that. Or he might even find chance to grab himself a nap. Or he might even save the world in record time, and the last hour is just him having tea and crumpets.

I had a 24 Live Another Day double bill last night, I'm loving it.

The question I'd like to ask people is do they notice a difference in sound quality/levels with certain programmes lately ?

Yeah yeah I'm rapidly approaching "old fartdom" but for instance, the Mrs has got Corrie on now (hence me being on here) but I can here it clear as a bell at the normal level we have the sound on.

24 and The Americans which I'm also enjoying I definately have trouble hearing at times...anybody else ?

I think you're onto something there. We started putting subtitles on when my wife first got to England. She speaks English fine, but it helped her to follow different accents and things. But now I find that I can't live without them, and because I'm an old fart, I realised I miss loads when they're not turned on.

I'm convinced some american programmes have altered their sound levels, we've got a soundbar which I'm quite impressed with but I'm finding the soundtrack  is too high at times and the actors voices's levels are too low.

My wife just tells me I'm deaf.  :(

Archived