Forget 'before you die': What current TV Shows are you enjoying right now?

May Contain Nuts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm convinced some american programmes have altered their sound levels, we've got a soundbar which I'm quite impressed with but I'm finding the soundtrack  is too high at times and the actors voices's levels are too low.

My wife just tells me I'm deaf.  :(

Lots of them will be optimised for a 'proper' surround system, so at least 6 channels.

No matter how good a sound bar you buy there's no replicating that.

ps, could the thread title be shortened to 'Current TV shows you're enjoying' or something like that - it just looks very awkward as it is.

Currently watching Lilyhammer, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Orange is the New Black, Happy Valley...

Love me some Netflix.

It's Always Sunny is one of the best comedies I've seen. You should watch the League if you haven't already, that's very similar humour. And Archer is ace as well. 

Lots of them will be optimised for a 'proper' surround system, so at least 6 channels.

No matter how good a sound bar you buy there's no replicating that.

ps, could the thread title be shortened to 'Current TV shows you're enjoying' or something like that - it just looks very awkward as it is.

Cheers for explaining that Coconut, I knew I wasn't as mutton as my wife is making out. "http://mindromp.org/forum/images/smilies/thumbs_up_smiley" alt="thumbs_up_smiley">

Speaking of Archer, is anyone watching Arrow. just finished it's second series.

There's a spin off, The Flash, starting soon.

The DC universe is getting a bit messy. there was meant to be a Flash film, but I think they decided to go with a series instead. Batman vs. Superman will also feature Wonder Woman, in preparation for a Justice League film. so then there are questions over whether or not the TV actors playing Green Arrow and the Flash will appear in the Justice League too.

Don't know, small screen and large screen seem too different worlds for me, especially for the major characters. Tony Stark appearing in Marvel's Agents of Shield just doesn't seem right. Samuel L. Jackson just about got away with appearing in the finale.

i think it's something to do with the films being about a series of big moments. If the script is any good you get a sense of a character, but you don't really live with him day-in day-out, through some good moments, but also some regrettably crap plot twists. So for a TV character that you've seen develop over 40-odd episodes to then appear in a big, blockbuster movie, either makes the likes of Batfleck seem more 2 dimensional, or makes the Green Arrow seem more small screen by comparison.

Maybe, I mean, I've not seen it yet, it's not even in pre-production, the director might be a genius, or the guy playing the green Arrow might have got bored by the time it stats shooting. But I have my doubts.

But, an exciting new world of mega-franchises and multi-media crossovers awaits us, for better or worse.

And that's my media studies essay finished. If only I was still at college, I might even get a D for that.

Archived