Patrick Bamford

Anag Ram

I am not going to come to any rushed judgments but I did think he was rather timid on his debut. He is quite frail and skinny and this isn't the division for shrinking violets. I hope he survives to make use of his obvious ball skills. If he is going to play wide he will also need to beef up his defensive game to support Wisdom or Forsyth.

When everyone is fit there will be at least two forwards not even on the bench.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not going to come to any rushed judgments but I did think he was rather timid on his debut. He is quite frail and skinny and this isn't the division for shrinking violets. I hope he survives to make use of his obvious ball skills. If he is going to play wide he will also need to beef up his defensive game to support Wisdom or Forsyth.

When everyone is fit there will be at least two forwards not even on the bench.

to be honest, and in my opinion, when I watched him, (not through the medium of a screen) he was looking to take passes to him and took up good positions. His movement was quite good, but, alas, nobody seemed to want to pass to him. Or Bennett, they hardly got a touch?

Bet he plays instead of Wardy on Saturday

Neither of the wide men were impressive against Leicester (though the whole team were a bit off it) and both got subbed so I wonder if Steve might change things up. Bamford could well be in with a shout and Steve was talking up Bennett in midweek, I wonder if  either could be in line for a start? 

Good to know even with Russell injured we have a few options

Neither of the wide men were impressive against Leicester (though the whole team were a bit off it) and both got subbed so I wonder if Steve might change things up. Bamford could well be in with a shout and Steve was talking up Bennett in midweek, I wonder if either could be in line for a start?

Good to know even with Russell injured we have a few options

McClaren did elude to the fact, in the rams in focus video, that "you need your experienced players at times like this". Then named "your, Keogh's Buxton's Granty Eustace Chris Martin to an extent and Jamie Ward"

Maybe he thinks Ward will play.

Either way, I think a tweak or change is necessary at this time of the season. Personally I'd rest Chris Martin and play Bamford up front. He's been brilliant so far, but we are relying too heavily on him. 

I'd also play Russell in front of Wardy or Dawkins. 

I don't think that'll happen though. I think he'll give Bamford a start wide in place of Dawkins and leave Johnny on the bench.

Archived