Patrick Bamford

Anag Ram

Really nice - and quite brave - touch from Bamford there.

Almost everything I've heard about him has made me like him even more. He just seems like a nice lad - makes it difficult to imagine him playing for Chelsea.

I'm pretty relaxed about him. Players like him always give their best and take pride in their profession, he won't coast through the rest of the season thinking he's made it.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shouldn't even be an issue really. Family (godfather included here) is more important than football and stupid rivalries.

On a side note, what do we reckon our chances of signing him permanently are? Not getting carried away that he's going to be amazing or anything, just wondering :)

I reckon they must be very good, unless he scores a ridiculous amount (20ish) cause he doesn't seem to

fit the Chelski model. So long as they get a profit, who knows!! Presumably we've got to be talking of 1.5 - 2mil. 

I reckon they must be very good, unless he scores a ridiculous amount (20ish) cause he doesn't seem to

fit the Chelski model. So long as they get a profit, who knows!! Presumably we've got to be talking of 1.5 - 2mil. 

I don't think we would have a cat in hell's chance of being able to sign this lad permanently. He is going to be that good. Think Danny Sturridge with bells on.

IMO, those criticising him for dedicating the goal to Doughty aren't proper football fans, not Derby fans, just football in general. No matter who you play for, respect should be shown to everybody involved in the game, even if he was very close to Bamford himself, bar Stoke City of course. They deserve the death penalty.

IMO, those criticising him for dedicating the goal to Doughty aren't proper football fans, not Derby fans, just football in general. No matter who you play for, respect should be shown to everybody involved in the game, even if he was very close to Bamford himself, bar Stoke City of course. They deserve the death penalty.

Nigel Doughty was his God father, Nice touch Bamford.....quality :cool:

He's set himself a target of 10 goals with us

If he meets it that will give him 27 for the season. really impressed with his composure. There was a time when he had 4 Brighton players round him he didn't panic just waited until the right time to play the pass

No way we will sign him permanently. He us too good and would cost too much. Maybe a loan next season if all goes well while he us with us.

He may become a good player.

We're so short of english strikers that he might well become a full international.

But.......

I doubt he'll ever be the no1 striker at chelsea.

To do that you have to be one of the very best in the world.

Strong

Fast

Good in the air

A superb finisher

lukaku can't yet get it their team and he is well ahead of Wupert.

He may become a good player.

We're so short of english strikers that he might well become a full international.

But.......

I doubt he'll ever be the no1 striker at chelsea.

To do that you have to be one of the very best in the world.

Strong

Fast

Good in the air

A superb finisher

lukaku can't yet get it their team and he is well ahead of Wupert.

Sorry, who does that refer to, and more to the point, why?

Nigel Doughty was his God father, Nice touch Bamford.....quality :cool:

This was an act of humanity that transcended football,and should be seen as such.It sickens me to the core that anyone could criticise such a worthy act. 

I agree Ramblur, cringeworthy at best. 

Yeh frogggy.I don't know what it is about football support that often seems to dehumanise and lead to the basest of reactions.Tribalism I suppose.

I think Ramnut calls Bamford 'Wupert' cos he's a bit posh. (bamford that is)

There's education for you. I didn't realise that only the lower class were allowed to be footballers.

There's education for you. I didn't realise that only the lower class were allowed to be footballers.

I don't remember saying any such thing.

Still.........

I think Ramnut calls Bamford 'Wupert' cos he's a bit posh. (bamford that is)

I recall someone saying that a few weeks ago - and that he has a squeaky voice too.

Has this Lad got anything going for him? Why on Earth did we sign him on loan in the first place :cool:

Archived