Derby in Europe....might not be that crazy

Day

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what if burton albion won the FA cup? who would go up and down from each league be total bedlam!

Burton up and Villa down. Easy

Who really wants to watch Aston Villa?

O'neil > McLeish > Lambert

I can only assume their next manager will be yet another crazy entertaining manager. Nigel Pearson must be in with a shout.

Great in principal, impossible in reality as things stand.

Can we not just organise a couple of pre-season games against decent opposition somewhere nice and hot and not too far away?

Going abroad with footie is brilliant, but more brilliant when it's hot!

And where are they now eh?

" who are they...who are they"!

I have a funny tale about two friends who fell out a bit that day over a scarf! Still rankling now 20+ years later. Hopefully it will translate well.

Four of us drove down in my amazingly Rams decorated Fiat Panda!! One of the lads didnt have much money or a Rams scarf..so another of the lads kindly donated his old scruffy 60s black and white scarf. Unbeknown to all of us this old wrag of a thing was a family heirloom passed down from Grandad to dad and now to son! Didnt look much but meant alot.

After the match we hung out on Wembley Way for 40mins or so. After a while a group of Cremonese supporters including one particulour very tasty looking Italian lass came up to us and we started some good old banter with them. My mate with the borrowed scarf took an instant shine to the good looking lass and they went strolling along in front of us. We were blah blahing away when our mate came back...but no longer had the scarf with him!!! He had been asked to do a scarf swap by Cremonese girl..so he came back with a peice of cloth that didnt even say Cremonese on it..it said Hurricanes! You couldnt invent this stuff.

Needlesz to say the owner of the DCFC scarf was non too pleased to say the least. He demanded we all spread out and look for the girl and get his scarf back. We looked and looked but nothing doing!

The car journey home in stoney black silence, especially after losing 3-1 was great fun.

This tale gets carted out every year and even now he still has the hump about it!!

Archived