Is the honeymoon spell over ?

CBE

I believe it is. Not a gut feeling based on this evening , felt it for a few weeks.Cloughie left us a great footballing squad with a togetherness and unity. Nobody can doubt that. A new manager comes in and that bond is galvanised leading to the run we went on.

Very difficult to come in as a new manager and bring players into a squad as tight as ours unless they add something really special.I’m afraid in Wisdom, Keane and Dawkins Steve hasn’t really succeeded but no worry he will sort it eventually.

It’s easy to play at the back and look good on the ball when not under pressure. However when under pressure and called upon to make decisions, challenges, interceptions, close players down neither Wisdom nor Keane seem able to take responsibility.  It stood out a mile tonight.

Bucko and Forsyth are carrying them.

Dawkins I’m afraid just does not fit our pattern of pass, move possession football. He adds nothing and at 500k, I’m sorry, it’s a no.All three are way off the players they replace………………..Keogh, Brayford, Coutts, Jacobs, Davies  etc etc.

Stevie Mac, I do believe deserves every chance just as NC was given , I’ve no doubt he is a good coach but for this season players coming in need to offer a whole lot more otherwise Steve , keep your faith in the existing squad and see how far they can take us which is probably playoff fringe.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are sounding like Forest fans tonight. Two weeks ago McClaren was a genius, now he is being slagged off. Leicester are a team of men. Derby are a team of boys. They will be back. I do agree that we need more grit, however, and I would certainly have picked Eustace for this one over Hendrick. 

We are sounding like Forest fans tonight. Two weeks ago McClaren was a genius, now he is being slagged off. Leicester are a team of men. Derby are a team of boys. They will be back. I do agree that we need more grit, however, and I would certainly have picked Eustace for this one over Hendrick.

Since Doncaster came and pressed us other teams have done the same and we can't play against it. Holding on for draws and losing a couple. Its not just this week. I've been thinking, and saying, that Mclaren needs to sort a plan B. He needs to. Its his job

I believe it is. Not a gut feeling based on this evening , felt it for a few weeks.Cloughie left us a great footballing squad with a togetherness and unity. Nobody can doubt that. A new manager comes in and that bond is galvanised leading to the run we went on.

Very difficult to come in as a new manager and bring players into a squad as tight as ours unless they add something really special.I’m afraid in Wisdom, Keane and Dawkins Steve hasn’t really succeeded but no worry he will sort it eventually.

It’s easy to play at the back and look good on the ball when not under pressure. However when under pressure and called upon to make decisions, challenges, interceptions, close players down neither Wisdom nor Keane seem able to take responsibility.  It stood out a mile tonight.

Dawkins I’m afraid just does not fit our pattern of pass, move possession football. He adds nothing and at 500k, I’m sorry, it’s a no.All three are way off the players they replace………………..Keogh, Brayford, Coutts, Jacobs, Davies  etc etc.

Stevie Mac, I do believe deserves every chance just as NC was given , I’ve no doubt he is a good coach but for this season players coming in need to offer a whole lot more otherwise Steve , keep your faith in the existing squad and see how far they can take us which is probably playoff fringe.

I'm afraid that either you havent been watching the other games when Dawkins, Keane and Wisdom have played or are a WUM...

Yes we were poor tonight but lets give credit where credit is due, Leicester were quality tonight and deserved to win. Yes they scored a lucky goal to make it 2-0 and Forsyth gave away a rediculous penalty but we were second best. Remember, Leicester are very experienced but expensive side, yes its not an excuse, but the quality they have is immense for the Championship.

I think tonight proved we need another DM. Don't see Hendrick doing that role at all. It was a night of defensive cock ups. Forsyth making a stupid needless challenge and why oh why were we letting the ball bounce?

I just think it was a bad night. The only worry will be if we lose again, we are a young side and we need to keep positive.

1st post Hmmm ??

Do i bite.... No, i will simply allow Mac to do what he said, he said he was looking to take us to the next level,so far its a decent start, he said would assess, and if poss add at the end of Jan, let see what the end of Jan brings before we do any Judging, we gave NC 5 years.......

It was a bad night but we were up against the best team and one of the richest in the Championship. Still 4th with a points cushion so not doom and gloom. This is a wake up call for the board - invest, and stop hiding behind the new managers bounce - this is still mainly Cloughs side put together for next to nothing - start giving the manager some decent money to bolster this team of ours. One last thing - Jamie Ward is a liability and needs to be f**ked off out of it - doing nothing for us.

It is.

It's now that we really need to start grinding out wins to be honest. Our tippy-tappy football looks good but will not work against teams like Leicester. We need a Plan B, a way of playing on the counter maybe, solid defending and make the most of our chances. 

Hardly got players to play 4-4-2 hoofball have we?

Hardly got players to play 4-4-2 hoofball have we?

Not hoofball, just more central play with a higher tempo to our game. Leicester had us in the palm of their hand today. We played a very wide game, they're fullbacks kept our wingers out of the game, preventing our fullbacks from getting forward, cancelling any option of attacking from the wings. Leicester then exploited our wide play and often attacked down the middle, ripping our centre backs apart with pace (thought Keane was poor today).

We need an option where we play down the middle more with 2 strikers ie 4-1-2-1-2 type of thing. 

Dawkins has been changed since he came on a permanent and he now seems to be showing the form which led to him getting 1 appearance at Villa and no appearances at Spurs.

How greedy is he as well and I am not sure if he or Sammon has the most pathetic shot in our team.

Not hoofball, just more central play with a higher tempo to our game. Leicester had us in the palm of their hand today. We played a very wide game, they're fullbacks kept our wingers out of the game, preventing our fullbacks from getting forward, cancelling any option of attacking from the wings. Leicester then exploited our wide play and often attacked down the middle, ripping our centre backs apart with pace (thought Keane was poor today).

We need an option where we play down the middle more with 2 strikers ie 4-1-2-1-2 type of thing.

41212? Oh dear

Archived